64,600 Posts

Attachments

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uber is Unsustainable.
I did Uber for 3 years. Full time.
Just like the man in the picture from the article.

All i saw was rate cuts and uber convince TOURISTS NOT TO TIP !
That man from the article is what's messed up.

Ants will experience this when August comes.... Uber lowered down the required year for the car and now there are even more ants on the road.
Which makes what's worse even more worse

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is August a bad month??
You'll experience it.
Yes, College kids are gone, Congress is gone.....so yes, DC is going to be shit in August.
There were times that I sat in Adams Morgan Fri/Sat nights with no ping for 50 min to 1. 15 hrs
Keep in mind that gas is almost at $3 in MD and in VA, DC is $3+, so driving around with no ping is waste of gas...

So plan ahead

·
Banned
631 Posts
The D.C. Council will take care of this. They're going to institute an Uber tax, because they say the city is overflowing with Ubers and people should be taking Metro instead.

Before long, Uber drivers will need to purchase a medallion ($250/month) to pickup or drop off in D.C. or the airport.

·
26,291 Posts
Is August a bad month??
The first two to three weeks are horrid. These days, though, the schools bring in the freshmen early and start classes by the last week of August, so it is much better than it used to be. When the freshmen come in, Tar-ZHAY on Fourteenth is the place to be for a cab driver. I have a funny story about that one. I suspect that TNC drivers can do well up there, but the ease of the street hail seems to govern during Freshmen Week.

The D.C. Council will take care of this. They're going to institute an Uber tax, because they say the city is overflowing with Ubers and people should be taking Metro instead.

Before long, Uber drivers will need to purchase a medallion ($250/month) to pickup or drop off in D.C. or the airport.
............and your complaint is_________________________________________________________?

Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Banned
631 Posts
Fare will go up, but driver pay will go down (because Uber will also be paying a special tax). Nobody will tip. Each driver will have an additional $250/month overhead cost to pay directly to D.C. Soon after, the other localities will want their $250, too. You will be making $0.75/mile gross income, and have to pay an additional $750/month tax. That means 1,000 miles just to pay your monthly medallion fees. (All your regular costs including commercial insurance, gas, etc. will not change.) Meanwhile pax will be more horrible than ever, since they are paying through the nose, and they think you're getting that money.

Sounds great to me!

If you're a taxi cab driver, this is particularly good news.

Because in this scenario, an Uber driver will have to work (do the math) more than 33 hours/day, every single day to break even. (That's before paying for gas, maint, insurance, income tax, etc.)

Personally, I'll be deactivated about a month or two from now,
because some snowflake or ******* wants a free ride,
so it won't affect me.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts

Good. I'll drop people at the border of DC and tell them to hoof it into the city. I don't need to work in DC

·
26,291 Posts
If you're a taxi cab driver, this is particularly good news.
...............which explains the question that I asked you.....................................................................

As you will no doubt be aware, Fubar and Gryft will put out propaganda into which the ants will buy, so they will keep working. The ants will really turn off the customers and drive even more of them to Uber Taxi.

So, yeah, sounds good to me. Whether or not it passes depends on Uber's willingness to pay off the "right" Councilmembers. One thing that Ol' T. Kalanick failed to understand is that while politicians can be bought, they do not stay bought.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts