Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Canceling will make your rating go down from what I understand. I've waited only for surge times before by going online and checking and then going offline. I tried this twice and I actually made less money in a day because I was being picky. I'm interested to hear what others think too!

·
Registered
12 Posts
if you accept and then cancel within about 10 seconds, it doesn't fully register and doesn't count against your acceptance rate. gotta be quick with it, though. i've gotten dinged a few times when i thought it cancelled fast enough. not a huge deal since my acceptance rate is still >90%. i often use the partner app to peek quickly, but it's also easy to use the passenger app since the surge zones are pretty large. it also shows you where all the cars are so you can go where they aren't...

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
Pickering is right

Surge only is the best thing IMO, since the rate is $1.05 reg.
However if its not surging all the time, then obviously you cant make that much money doing surge only
I used to do surge only in DC. not it simply doesnt surge enough to make good money going that route
so your mileage will vary, im not sure how the surges go in bmore. Im only there when i get drop offs there. caught maybe 2 surges in the last few months

·
Registered
12 Posts
b'more can surge pretty good still, especially if there are events downtown. they often don't last long so you gotta time it right. have been even getting surges during weeknights now that students are returning. i did well/got lucky last week and pulled in $79 in 3.2 hours of driving. getting surge rides canton to elkridge and then fed hill to timonium sure helped...

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Enter surge app seller to further take advantage of drivers smh
I get NOTHING from the sale of the app. I did help beta-test it. Thanks though for your comment. I do use it everyday and find it to be a great tool. I make more money because of it, alot more. Can you beat these results from last two weeks? If not, then kindly STFU.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I get NOTHING from the sale of the app. I did help beta-test it. Thanks though for your comment. I do use it everyday and find it to be a great tool. I make more money because of it, alot more. Can you beat these results from last two weeks? If not, then kindly STFU.

You can kindly kiss my ass. You are charging. LIAR. And I do make more than you. Why? I have a great full time job that compensates me well. Obviously you don't. This rant is only towards Mr. Know It All Not. If you had any kind of finance education, you wouldn't be quoting those numbers. No, I'm not going to run the numbers for you that would explain why you could never make that amount after expenses. So, you should STFU :)

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
uh, again, I am a user of the app. I am not the developer.

I also have a great full time job. Thanks. I only Uber part time.

I never represented that number as anything but what it states. Fares per hour. Are you generating more fares per hour?

·
Registered
1 Posts
DexNex very interested in what you have to say. I started driving part time in Seattle about a month ago and would love to learn from somebody who is successful at it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.