Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peeps,

I've been browsing around and can't find any info regarding written polices with Uber or Lyft regarding traffic tickets and being suspended or kicked off the platform.

Are these rumors? If not, can anyone point me to any documentation around this?

Also, separate question, is a 25% commission rate from Uber, normal? I heard other people that Uber takes 20%?

Thank you,
Two Hard Punches

·
Registered
594 Posts
We no longer pay Uber a commission based on the total fare. Uber pays us based on mileage and time.
That is Uber's doublespeak… It would seem what the poster is trying to figure out is why some people are saying 20% and some people are saying 25%.

In Seattle Uber used to take a 20% commission. December 2015/January 2016 the company switched over to a 25% commission and grandfathered in the existing drivers. Now they are paying us a rate that is calculated based on when you started driving.

As far as how many tickets… uber probably doesn't have it written down. They like to keep things vague, it's like nailing Jell-O to a wall trying to get them to define their policies. If they are ambiguous - then they can selectively enforce them when they want to.

·
Premium Member
73,567 Posts
Hi Peeps,

I've been browsing around and can't find any info regarding written polices with Uber or Lyft regarding traffic tickets and being suspended or kicked off the platform.

Also, separate question, is a 25% commission rate from Uber, normal? I heard other people that Uber takes 20%?

Thank you,
Two Hard Punches
File a Motion to Quash . . . . .

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
We no longer pay Uber a commission based on the total fare. Uber pays us based on mileage and time.
I priced out a 15 mile ride to my house the other day. It quoted $53. I checked my third party app and it was not surging. I checked later that night, and it was $38, no surge on the 3rd party app. I checked again the next day for the same 15 mile ride and it said $53 again. I tried for a reverse of the ride at the same time, and it quoted me $33 (king county to king county). No surge on the 3rd party app. Uber is getting. MAJORITY of that $53, and shills want to make it out like we're greedy for wanting surge. The pax will still pay 'surge' just not anything that goes to us.

·
Banned
6,758 Posts
I priced out a 15 mile ride to my house the other day. It quoted $53. I checked my third party app and it was not surging. I checked later that night, and it was $38, no surge on the 3rd party app. I checked again the next day for the same 15 mile ride and it said $53 again. I tried for a reverse of the ride at the same time, and it quoted me $33 (king county to king county). No surge on the 3rd party app. Uber is getting. MAJORITY of that $53, and shills want to make it out like we're greedy for wanting surge. The pax will still pay 'surge' just not anything that goes to us.
want to know how to stick it to uber?!?!

take a pool ride and Stop New Request. look at the fare details. they make in the negatives or near zero

Just get a square reader and start offering cheaper fares to the passengers and cut Uber out of the transaction
How would I sell my services as cheaper? "what is uber charging you? I can do it cheaper"

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
want to know how to stick it to uber?!?!

take a pool ride and Stop New Request. look at the fare details. they make in the negatives or near zero

How would I sell my services as cheaper? "what is uber charging you? I can do it cheaper"
Precisely. You just look up whatever the passenger app is saying the cost of the ride will be and knock off a couple bucks

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi Peeps,

Thank you,
Two Hard Punches
If you get a ticket, get a lawyer to keep it off your record.

There is a website called offtherecord.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.