Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be ok if i print a paper and post rules i want drivers to follow. Seem like everybody has a had time remember the seat belt law. Can i write a note.
1. Please have seat belts on at all times.
2. No smoking in car.
3. No alcohol in car.

** tips are always welcome as they are not included in fare .

and an other thing i just started driving i have 15 rides. I am friendly, car is clean, ask the rider if they have a preference in route because o follythe gps but they can suggest a different way. My rating however is right now at 4.2 I don't see where i went wrong on mu rides.
And am other questions for you guys. I have boosted seats available because i am a mom of 2. Can I accept people with children and let them use my booster seats?

I will appreciate any suggestions you guys have.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Would it be ok if i print a paper and post rules i want drivers to follow. Seem like everybody has a had time remember the seat belt law. Can i write a note.
2. No smoking in car.
3. No alcohol in car.

and an other thing i just started driving i have 15 rides. I am friendly, car is clean, ask the rider if they have a preference in route because o follythe gps but they can suggest a different way. My rating however is right now at 4.2 I don't see where i went wrong on mu rides.
And am other questions for you guys. I have boosted seats available because i am a mom of 2. Can I accept people with children and let them use my booster seats?

Thank you.
Hi ! Welcome , cause you are a new driver you are probably making small mistakes that you aren't yet aware of, give it sometime you will kind start to pick things up here and there , Uber knows this as well so they won't bug you( unless you get serious complaints or stuff)

The rules look good to me , all very expected things that strangely people forget to do. It's the tip thing that will get you . It will probably be a conversation topic after they get out your car here and there some will act awkward when they see it. People suck and regularly people will rate you low and report you on it ( uber won't do anything about it)

Uber riders / people in sf love rating haha look at our Yelp pages compare to other cities . You simply can't please them all just focus on the money, keep the car clean , stay friendly and drive safe :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Clear you car of EVERYTHING personal. Even in the trunk. Your car should look like a rental just picked up from the airport. 100% spotless. Don't put any signs up like that, you will just make your ratings worse. You are also not allowed to ask for ratings or TIPS. The only way you should be stopping bad behavior is before they get in your car. Do not let anyone in your car with booze or cigs. Don't allow more people than you have seatbelts. Don't even try to enforce seatbelts, almost no passengers want to wear them. Once you allow people into your car and you start trip, you are subject to bad ratings. So the trick is to not let them in the car if they are drinking or breaking any other normal human courtesies. Also, don't come off as too needy or too helpful offering things. Keep some small waters and maybe a few candies but don't overwhelm with the goodies and look desperate. Try to put music on for the trip that you think their age group may like. Sirus/XM is good for that.

·
Banned
995 Posts
2. No smoking in car.
3. No alcohol in car.

Thank you.
You should post the list and broadcast every ride on Periscope.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok tha
Clear you car of EVERYTHING personal. Even in the trunk. Your car should look like a rental just picked up from the airport. 100% spotless. Don't put any signs up like that, you will just make your ratings worse. You are also not allowed to ask for ratings or TIPS. The only way you should be stopping bad behavior is before they get in your car. Do not let anyone in your car with booze or cigs. Don't allow more people than you have seatbelts. Don't even try to enforce seatbelts, almost no passengers want to wear them. Once you allow people into your car and you start trip, you are subject to bad ratings. So the trick is to not let them in the car if they are drinking or breaking any other normal human courtesies. Also, don't come off as too needy or too helpful offering things. Keep some small waters and maybe a few candies but don't overwhelm with the goodies and look desperate. Try to put music on for the trip that you think their age group may like. Sirus/XM is good for that.
ok thank you. So what if they get in and don't have put the seat belt on. What if i get for some reason pulled over, will i get in trouble for them not having a seat belt on?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi ! Welcome , cause you are a new driver you are probably making small mistakes that you aren't yet aware of, give it sometime you will kind start to pick things up here and there , Uber knows this as well so they won't bug you( unless you get serious complaints or stuff)

The rules look good to me , all very expected things that strangely people forget to do. It's the tip thing that will get you . It will probably be a conversation topic after they get out your car here and there some will act awkward when they see it. People suck and regularly people will rate you low and report you on it ( uber won't do anything about it)

Uber riders / people in sf love rating haha look at our Yelp pages compare to other cities . You simply can't please them all just focus on the money, keep the car clean , stay friendly and drive safe :)
after how many trips will the ratings affect me? I read some people post that they get kicked out after just 30 rides with 4.5 rating. So last week i was at 4.33 and I haven't done any trips since then. Last time i did a trip it was on Wednesday. Last nightst i checked and i was at 4.2. How does that work? Im just confused i quess.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
ok thank you. So what if they get in and don't have put the seat belt on. What if i get for some reason pulled over, will i get in trouble for them not having a seat belt on?
I have not heard of anyone getting a ticket for that. They are adults, they know where the seatbelts are. You should just wear yours.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
after how many trips will the ratings affect me?
Uber does not make that real clear. But you need to really analyze what you are doing wrong ASAP so you don't get booted. Once you get booted you might not get second chance. Sit down and figure it out before you go back on the road.

·
Registered
252 Posts
There are many factors that can affect this subjective rating system. Many of them have nothing to do with you. But SafeT is right. Try to mentally evaluate your performance after each ride. Some people don't like to talk. But if they do, don't let that distract you by making you miss turns for example. Keep the car spotless, especially the windows and the inside (what passengers see during the trip). Neutral odors are best. So if you eat in the car, or had a smelly passenger, roll down the windows before your next pick up. I wouldn't post any signs, at least not until you get back past 4.7. You are generally not at risk of deactivation until you reach 100 rides, unless some serious problems are reported. So don't lose any sleep over it.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
after how many trips will the ratings affect me? I read some people post that they get kicked out after just 30 rides with 4.5 rating. So last week i was at 4.33 and I haven't done any trips since then. Last time i did a trip it was on Wednesday. Last nightst i checked and i was at 4.2. How does that work? Im just confused i quess.
Don't move your car unless the person in your front seat has a seat belt on , The ones in the back I never worry about lol with uber your rating will suck if you don't drive a lot the more you drive the better your ratings will be. keep driving and like everyone says keep the car clean :)

If they have alcohol or look shady don't start the trip just cancel it , if they call you and sound angry cancel the trip DONT LET THEM STRESS YOU ! politely decline if they ask you to do illegal stuff ( trust me they will ask ) in 2 months you will be at 4.88 if you drive more just be friendly and keep your car clean

People who get kicked off quick do something really stupid like make passes at women , drive with a friend in front seat you get the picture

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I have not heard of anyone getting a ticket for that. They are adults, they know where the seatbelts are. You should just wear yours.
If you get pulled over and you're wearing your seatbelt, but your passengers aren't .. the cop can write your passengers a ticket (not you).

The horrible accident that happened in Pacifica on Christmas Day ended up with a dead passenger who wasn't wearing his seat belt. You can try and force your passengers to wear it all you want, but they're most likely not going to.

Good luck out there!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So what about the people with children. Am i allowed to pick up people with children and provide my booster seats? The only thing i have in the trunk is cables and just emergency car tool but they are in a corner like to repair a wheel and check air in wheels. Ibalso have my booster seats but they don't take much space. Since the timea i have done uber is right after dropping off my daughters in school i still have them in the car but also in a corner on the trunk. I don't think it takes much space. I don't have any snacks in the car for people or water. Since i just startes it really has not given me money to do that, but honestly I don't see the purpose of this. The pay is low and everything has to come put of our pockets. I am a full time nursing student and a mother of 2 so don't really have the extra $$ for the snacks. I don't know. Hummm..... Do all drivers do this? Do Lyft drivers do this too?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
So what about the people with children. Am i allowed to pick up people with children and provide my booster seats? The only thing i have in the trunk is cables and just emergency car tool but they are in a corner like to repair a wheel and check air in wheels. Ibalso have my booster seats but they don't take much space. Since the timea i have done uber is right after dropping off my daughters in school i still have them in the car but also in a corner on the trunk. I don't think it takes much space. I don't have any snacks in the car for people or water. Since i just startes it really has not given me money to do that, but honestly I don't see the purpose of this. The pay is low and everything has to come put of our pockets. I am a full time nursing student and a mother of 2 so don't really have the extra $$ for the snacks. I don't know. Hummm..... Do all drivers do this? Do Lyft drivers do this too?
I don't have snacks in my car and my rating is 4.95 .. it never dropped below 4.8 even when I was just starting out (but I was driving Lyft before Uber, so I knew how things worked). I'm not overly nice to my passengers, definitely don't kiss their a$$ and still maintain a good rating. I'm friendly (by friendly, I mean introduce myself to my passengers when they get in and that's about it), I know which side of the road to pick them up/drop them off on (which I think is HUGE, passengers get so annoyed if you're not exactly where they request the ride), know my way around the bay area pretty well so I never get lost, and my car is always in top notch condition.

Honestly, not everyone is meant to be a TNC driver, and it's not as easy as Uber makes it seem. You have to know when/where to drive to make it worth your while, you have to know how to handle needy passengers in your back seat while still paying attention to the road. I've been doing it for a year now full-time .. when it's good, the money is really good, but when it's bad, it's really bad.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hummm....... I need to try a couple more times. In the uber site it says that they do the ratings average by the last 500 rides right. I'm still way far from that.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I don't have snacks in my car and my rating is 4.95 .. it never dropped below 4.8 even when I was just starting out (but I was driving Lyft before Uber, so I knew how things worked). I'm not overly nice to my passengers, definitely don't kiss their a$$ and still maintain a good rating. I'm friendly (by friendly, I mean introduce myself to my passengers when they get in and that's about it), I know which side of the road to pick them up/drop them off on (which I think is HUGE, passengers get so annoyed if you're not exactly where they request the ride), know my way around the bay area pretty well so I never get lost, and my car is always in top notch condition.

Honestly, not everyone is meant to be a TNC driver, and it's not as easy as Uber makes it seem. You have to know when/where to drive to make it worth your while, you have to know how to handle needy passengers in your back seat while still paying attention to the road. I've been doing it for a year now full-time .. when it's good, the money is really good, but when it's bad, it's really bad.
When they drop the pin getting the right side of the road is absolutely pure luck and I would disagree on the tnc driver thing lol I think anyone can do it why else would uber keep lowering our rates !!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Hummm....... I need to try a couple more times. In the uber site it says that they do the ratings average by the last 500 rides right. I'm still way far from that.
If you have over 500 rated rides, Uber only looks at the last 500 and ignores the rest. That doesn't mean they will wait 500 rated rides to deactivate a driver whose rating has been below the minimum. They could make that determination based on as little as 30 rides. You need to work on getting your rating up.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
One way to get better ratings is to avoid passengers who have bad ratings themselves. You can decline the occasional ride request if you don't like their rating, excess distance to pick up, etc.

·
Premium Member
5,342 Posts
Although they won't always act as such, the only way to go is to treat people as adults. Little signs are unnecessary and will lead to lower ratings.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the advice. Really appreciate it. Still learning so anything else you guys got let me know please. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
2. No smoking in car.
3. No alcohol in car.

After a month of driving I posted a sign in my car today "Welcome! PLEASE BUCKLE UP". It also points to where the gum/mints/water/trash bin are, if music is wanted to ask me, etc. Not too wordy, straight to the point. No mention on tips or ratings at this point. I DO feel that riders need to know how the ratings work, that a 4* is a fail, but I only engage in that conversation if asked. Uber needs to have our back on this in a much better, informative way.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts