Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone drive people to/from the Taylor Swift concert last night? How was it?

I was watching the map for a little while after 10pm and I didn't see any prime time. Maybe it hit later after I had lost I interest and quit checking...

·
Registered
3 Posts
They definitely disabled primetime at the Rosebowl Day one. I was there. They only had a sliver of a 60% power zone which you can't fit 60,000 people in. Ridiculous. We spent probably over 30 minutes to an hour in a sea of cars in the green field trying to match up drivers to passengers. Parking staff had to personally walk people to their drivers as it was in total disarray. I only made like $30 which barely fills a half a tank of gas. I also noticed Uber was surging but I did not get one request, yet Lyft requests went through but nothing was primetime at all. Thanks Lyft for ruining the Rose Bowl pick up process and undercutting our livelihoods

Did anyone drive people to/from the Taylor Swift concert last night? How was it?

I was watching the map for a little while after 10pm and I didn't see any prime time. Maybe it hit later after I had lost I interest and quit checking...[/QUO

I was watching the map for a little while after 10pm and I didn't see any prime time. Maybe it hit later after I had lost I interest and quit checking...

·
Banned
765 Posts
They definitely disabled primetime at the Rosebowl Day one. I was there. They only had a sliver of a 60% power zone which you can't fit 60,000 people in. Ridiculous. We spent probably over 30 minutes to an hour in a sea of cars in the green field trying to match up drivers to passengers. Parking staff had to personally walk people to their drivers as it was in total disarray. I only made like $30 which barely fills a half a tank of gas. I also noticed Uber was surging but I did not get one request, yet Lyft requests went through but nothing was primetime at all. Thanks Lyft for ruining the Rose Bowl pick up process and undercutting our livelihoods
You're the one choosing to show up at events attended by 60k people for a 60% power zone. Seriously, what makes that sound like a good idea? You could have made more money literally anywhere else in Southern California.

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
Friday was dead for sure on Lyft, however it’s not all their fault. LA was dead everywhere else so Taylor was the only game in town, which meant too many ants. It got better Saturday..more fans, more surge in the city to distract the ants, and ants discouraged by Friday’s madness staying away. Lyft made it up by lifting the 100% cap on premium rides though

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've done Rose bowl in the past multiple times. Friday had a huge turnout. Uber surged yet Lyft turned off surging despite thousands of people trying to get rides. If this was Coachella and they turned off primetime the entire time, Lyft drivers would probably riot.

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
I've done Rose bowl in the past multiple times. Friday had a huge turnout. Uber surged yet Lyft turned off surging despite thousands of people trying to get rides. If this was Coachella and they turned off primetime the entire time, Lyft drivers would probably riot.
It's a pissing contest with Lyft and the drivers. They're running the lot so they want to keep prices low for PR purposes. Both companies like to suppress surge to an extent to prevent drivers from trying to corner the market of desperate riders trying to catch a ride. Or perhaps they're trying to promote premium level service knowing no driver in their right mind will accept 60% Regular or Plus but will accept them on Premier or above

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply. I noticed that the prime time area was much bigger on Saturday and was possibly up to 450%. I didn't drive Saturday night but that was tempting. Did you go to the Bowl on Saturday night?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts