Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's at IAD right now?

I've been here for 2 hours and the lot has good amount of cars.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I would be there. I did a ride on a 2.0 surge from union station to Dulles, and even though I submitted my TNC sticker this morning at 8am, nope, no dice. Uber says 48 hours. Bullshit. So I made great money going there, and dead miles back t DC.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a bummer.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm sure you the answer to this, but now that in theory I have my TNC how do I handle tolls? Do I get a transponder and pay myself? I haven't come across that issue yet, but I sure hope you have some advice

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
you pay the tolls yourself and uber repays you as you cross one with pax in car only. best to get ezpass ,and not have to wait to pay cash. will slow things down and possible effect your rating.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sure you the answer to this, but now that in theory I have my TNC how do I handle tolls? Do I get a transponder and pay myself? I haven't come across that issue yet, but I sure hope you have some advice
1. I use waze and set it to avoid tolls.
2. If you must use tolls so you don't drive all the way around and charge pax more. Then use tolls.
3. Pay cash or get toll pass. Pax pays for tolls if you take toll road and the toll fee is calculated in to the trip it self.

Reactions: Casuale Haberdasher

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
10 more cars rolled in.

Lot is getting packed while I'm missing surges in DC. FML

Reactions: Red Dodge

·
Registered
437 Posts
The guy I took to Dulles said most of his office has a trip to the UK and leave tomorrow night, so 19th st nw should be good tomorrow. He said about 2pm and everyone in his office uses Uber. Worth a shot especially with rain and surge.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The guy I took to Dulles said most of his office has a trip to the UK and leave tomorrow night, so 19th st nw should be good tomorrow. He said about 2pm and everyone in his office uses Uber. Worth a shot especially with rain and surge.
Tomorrow night at 2pm?

19th and what St?

·
Registered
437 Posts
1200 19th street nw. That's where the office is. Who knows, I'll be around could be a nice score if he's for real. BTW Kennedy center let's out at 10pm tomorrow. It will surge FYI.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, I'll give it a go if I'm in the area.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'll be there, and The Kennedy Center at 10. Kennedy center peeps are tipping, so I'll haul ass back there after I turf my pax. Driving the long roof ! Pax like the huge sunroof.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
3 hour wait and finally got a ping.

Reactions: Emp9

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reactions: Emp9

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Back to back 3 rides from and to and back again to; 4400 Mass to 4100 Mass back to 4400 Mass.

No rain, but these kids are getting lazy to walk half a mile.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Talk about lazy had a pax pick up pimmit dr and RT 7 around 9 pm.
I am 15 minutes away but took a chance.I get there and guy comes out after few minutes from Thai restaurant and asks to be dropped by his car at other side of same shopping center.New breed of pax for uberx,pretty soon will be giving rides to bathrooms while they are jogging so they can Pee.Please save me from this shit Job.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And the IAD lot is full today. Going to be another long wait.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Back when I was new I took a ping in Elkridge MD and I was in Laurel. It was 15 minutes with traffic.

I took a lady 2 blocks to take her home from the laundry mat.

Never again.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have done probably 15-20 dulles airport trips. it seems to be average 30-45 minutes. if you are past 45 minutes, you are getting annoyed and should be. Time of the day is everything. nights tend to be better than days because there are less drivers waiting, and there are still just as many planes landing. a few nights ago, I got a ping and I wasn't even completely into the zone yet. it was sweet. try to park near the first light pole when you come in, position yourself so that other cars will get pings from ashburn/herndon, because those suck. and if you cancel those, you get reset.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts