Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What times do you all usually start driving for this? I remember last year was a nightmare picking these folks up down at the embarcadero. I think I only got shorties too.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since I live in Golden Hill, I started from home and got my first request downtown for the marathon. Made about $80 between 5:15 - 6:30, which is decent, I suppose. Sounds like you guys made out like bandits! Where is the best place to start from? In hindsight, I probably should have started north up in the La Jolla area for a long-ish trip south for the marathon.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Since I live in Golden Hill, I started from home and got my first request downtown for the marathon. Made about $80 between 5:15 - 6:30, which is decent, I suppose. Sounds like you guys made out like bandits! Where is the best place to start from? In hindsight, I probably should have started north up in the La Jolla area for a long-ish trip south for the marathon.
Same I live in NP so I just started from there. I was being lazy this morning lmao.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I did a lyft PT for the marathon this morning. 250%. Thank SDPD for those road closures. Added bonus lyft taking a loss! Go me

Then followed with a long pickup at 2x surge

Attachments

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Had to work my regular job at 6, so I decided to drive starting around 4:45. My strategy was to go to PB, drop off, turn app off, head back. Rinse and repeat

First ride was 350% from Bay Park. Second time around I couldn’t get anything in PB. Had to head all the way to near Ikea. But it was 550% so I made $58

Surge was much better last year. It hit 7x

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
I worked last night so joined late at 11. Couldn’t pick up customers because of traffic, canceled on two of them. Finally smelly runners joined me for a trip to mission valley . Airport played surge games with me again ( that I don’t understand). Bad day all in all.
Glad at least you guys did good

One of the pax yesterday told me his previous driver said she made “lots of money” last year.
I guess some drivers are easily impressed by $100.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Andre Benjamin 6000 Yuck! Is that what Lyft plans on doing nationwide in order to kill surge once and for all? If so, I see them losing a ton of drivers. I'm sure the 3rd world ants won't mind and will still drive, regardless.
This is it my friends. From what I've read in the LA forum, Uber has a similar plan. Enjoy those Prime Time rides while they last.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts