Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had and experience Fri night/Sat morning that takes the cake. I am going to leave out some specifics to protect the innocent lol. I had dropped off a pax at his car around 4am that he left at a bar the night before. I pulled away and after a few miles I got another ping which I accepted. As I was stopped at a stop light a car flies up behind me flashing its brights. A guy jumps out and starts running up to my car. I had no idea what was going on so I sped off. He jumps back in his car and pursues me. I zigzag thru the burbs and decide to jump on the turnpike. He follows. We reach speeds in excess of 100mph, and I was honestly hoping to get pulled over. He is trying to pull beside me (nut job!!). I try a fake exit maneuver but cannot shake him. At this point I am trying to think of a police station to pull into. The only one I could think of was my township police dept which is very close to my house. At this point we were on the 422 and he kept riding my ass. I called 911 and told them what was going on, and that I was going to pull into the police dept. The 911 operator contacted the police and coordinated the plan. I get off the 422, blast several red lights (with him right behind me). I pull into the police dept, he follows. Two patrol cars block him and order him to stay in his car. Here is where the story takes a drastic turn.....turns out he was the prevois pax and he left his cell phone in my car. I went completely ballistic on him. Obviously he could tell that I was scared, and was breaking every law to get away from him. A reasonable person would have determined that and waiting to contact Uber to get the precious phone back. I think he was still a little drunk, so he did not argue back and was very cooperative with the police. I have been watching my account for a rating drop or incident report and have yet to see anything. I thought about reporting this to Uber but don't really have the energy to deal with them. I don't carry a firearm, but if i did i certainly would have had it in hand and ready to protect myself. Crazy stuff.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What a psycho! I hope the cops lit him up with tickets and impounded his car. I would be in a hurry to report him if I was you.
No, the police didn't really have anything to write him up for. I told them to write him a ticket for being stupid, but the officer joked that they ran out of those tickets.

Unless I saw a weapon when he first jumped out of his car I wouldn't have taken off. Driving 100mph and running red lights is more dangerous than anything that guy could have done to you without a weapon.
You never know how you react until you are in that situation. I have a wife and kids that I am going home to and I am not going to wait around for what looked like an obvious confrontation.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You never know how you react until you are in that situation. I have a wife and kids that I am going home to and I am not going to wait around for what looked like an obvious confrontation.
I agree, never really know how you'll react until it happens, but there's no way I would think going 100mph with some crazy guy chasing me or speeding through red lights would be the best solution. If I was scared enough to take off initially then I would have been on the phone to 911 immediately. Just trying to give you, and others, advice for future incidents. Don't escalate a situation into something more dangerous.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
I had and experience Fri night/Sat morning that takes the cake. I am going to leave out some specifics to protect the innocent lol. I had dropped off a pax at his car around 4am that he left at a bar the night before. I pulled away and after a few miles I got another ping which I accepted. As I was stopped at a stop light a car flies up behind me flashing its brights. A guy jumps out and starts running up to my car. I had no idea what was going on so I sped off. He jumps back in his car and pursues me. I zigzag thru the burbs and decide to jump on the turnpike. He follows. We reach speeds in excess of 100mph, and I was honestly hoping to get pulled over. He is trying to pull beside me (nut job!!). I try a fake exit maneuver but cannot shake him. At this point I am trying to think of a police station to pull into. The only one I could think of was my township police dept which is very close to my house. At this point we were on the 422 and he kept riding my ass. I called 911 and told them what was going on, and that I was going to pull into the police dept. The 911 operator contacted the police and coordinated the plan. I get off the 422, blast several red lights (with him right behind me). I pull into the police dept, he follows. Two patrol cars block him and order him to stay in his car. Here is where the story takes a drastic turn.....turns out he was the prevois pax and he left his cell phone in my car. I went completely ballistic on him. Obviously he could tell that I was scared, and was breaking every law to get away from him. A reasonable person would have determined that and waiting to contact Uber to get the precious phone back. I think he was still a little drunk, so he did not argue back and was very cooperative with the police. I have been watching my account for a rating drop or incident report and have yet to see anything. I thought about reporting this to Uber but don't really have the energy to deal with them. I don't carry a firearm, but if i did i certainly would have had it in hand and ready to protect myself. Crazy stuff.
Good thing you didnt have a firearm.....a scared person pulls the trigger very fast out of fear. Glad no innocent people were hurt by you guys driving crazy blowing lights.....maybe you will get a few red light tickets in the mail as a reminder for those lights yall blew.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts