Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Riders are cheap.. hate surge pricings. And be warned, they usually rate drivers low due to the surged fare they had to pay.
The riders that use uber are cheap that's why they use uber, so keep them with no tip, lol suckers, you will see how nice uber is taking 25% without telling you all

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
I urge All Uber_Vegas Drivers to read their Partnership Agreement. Unless Drivers opt-out of Binding Arbitration, they cannot bring this dispute of Uber assessing 25% commission in violation of their contract with Uber.

New Drivers only have 30 Days to Opt-out of Binding Arbitration.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The riders that use uber are cheap that's why they use uber, so keep them with no tip, lol suckers, you will see how nice uber is taking 25% without telling you all
LOL. Like working for Uber is any worse than working for the likes of Balaban, Awad, Chenowith, Bell, Schwartz or Frias. At least I can choose when and when not to work and I don't have to drive those piece of shit vehicles they put on the street. Enjoy your 12 hour shifts and taking home 30% of the meter after all the deductions. As uber gets more drivers out on the road your wait times for fares are only going to get longer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
LOL. Like working for Uber is any worse than working for the likes of Balaban, Awad, Chenowith, Bell, Schwartz or Frias. At least I can choose when and when not to work and I don't have to drive those piece of shit vehicles they put on the street. Enjoy your 12 hour shifts and taking home 30% of the meter after all the deductions. As uber gets more drivers out on the road your wait times for fares are only going to get longer.
I get 45% and drive a 2015 rav 4 a new car every 6 months don't pay fuel and I get benefits and don't have to worry about paying taxes every 3 months and putting miles on my own car

·
Registered
76 Posts
I get 45% and drive a 2015 rav 4 a new car every 6 months don't pay fuel and I get benefits and don't have to worry about paying taxes every 3 months and putting miles on my own car
So you're a long timer at YCS. Been there over 10 years. Yeah, uber in LV is costing you. But I'd have more sympathy for you if you had bought a medallion like happened to other cabbies in other cities. You work for an ******* who has been given about 800 medallions ( $100 a year). No sympathy for Schwartz. I'm so happy YCS is now worth about half of what it used to be.

$200 book for 15 rides. Take $9 off gross in trip charges. Leaves $85. Don't forget to deduct $ 6-7 for your insurance copay. . Down to $78. Not looking like 45% anymore and you're in a lot better shape than most drivers. Majority of YCS drivers are "39%". And it's going to get worse for you guys. I bet they are even sticking the drivers with the new 3% tax. Yeah, don't pay taxes. LOL

Tell Bailin to go **** himself.

Uber on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi. I have been working at ycs for only 9 months. Last Saturday I made 399 for the company. Take away 11 something for taxes, 12 dollars for fuel, 13 for each trip. Finally my net book was 354. I get 38.50 percent. So a total of 136.29 plus 95 dollars in tips (20 rides). Total of 231.29. Like 21 bucks an hr. I work 11. I drive a new rav 4. It's not all bad. But good luck to all you guys.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So you're a long timer at YCS. Been there over 10 years. Yeah, uber in LV is costing you. But I'd have more sympathy for you if you had bought a medallion like happened to other cabbies in other cities. You work for an ******* who has been given about 800 medallions ( $100 a year). No sympathy for Schwartz. I'm so happy YCS is now worth about half of what it used to be.

$200 book for 15 rides. Take $9 off gross in trip charges. Leaves $85. Don't forget to deduct $ 6-7 for your insurance copay. . Down to $78. Not looking like 45% anymore and you're in a lot better shape than most drivers. Majority of YCS drivers are "39%". And it's going to get worse for you guys. I bet they are even sticking the drivers with the new 3% tax. Yeah, don't pay taxes. LOL

Tell Bailin to go **** himself.

Uber on.
Why do not not pay taxes, it's included in uber like yes so we all pay it in the long run you know that, and yes I know how owners are lol like uber sticking 25% like all Vegas it's all money, I may know you lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi. I have been working at ycs for only 9 months. Last Saturday I made 399 for the company. Take away 11 something for taxes, 12 dollars for fuel, 13 for each trip. Finally my net book was 354. I get 38.50 percent. So a total of 136.29 plus 95 dollars in tips (20 rides). Total of 231.29. Like 21 bucks an hr. I work 11. I drive a new rav 4. It's not all bad. But good luck to all you guys.
I can tell your a new driver bragging is not good to do.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Why do not not pay taxes, it's included in uber like yes so we all pay it in the long run you know that, and yes I know how owners are lol like uber sticking 25% like all Vegas it's all money, I may know you lol
We probably do know each other. I drove checker for 15 years. I'm lucky, I'm out of the industry working a regular M-F job. I'm going to uber a few hours a week just to make a little extra for me to blow as I want without having to listen to my wife complain about it. Now that I get salary instead of driving cab my wife knows exactly what I make :mad:.

I'm actually pro driver, I don't care what they're driving and I'm vehemently anti cab company and anti uber. F all those guys. We should all be able to own our own cabs and not have to give a cut to anybody. Good luck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We probably do know each other. I drove checker for 15 years. I'm lucky, I'm out of the industry working a regular M-F job. I'm going to uber a few hours a week just to make a little extra for me to blow as I want without having to listen to my wife complain about it. Now that I get salary instead of driving cab my wife knows exactly what I make :mad:.

I'm actually pro driver, I don't care what they're driving and I'm vehemently anti cab company and anti uber. F all those guys. We should all be able to own our own cabs and not have to give a cut to anybody. Good luck.
All companys are the same, some companys are talking still of lease and next month we are geting paid weakly companys are scared and even have 8 hour shifts now but only becausr the companys are scared

·
Registered
76 Posts
All companys are the same, some companys are talking still of lease and next month we are geting paid weakly companys are scared and even have 8 hour shifts now but only becausr the companys are scared
I love this. I heard a YCS ad on the radio a couple days ago. Never heard those before. Yeah, they're worried. And they have good reason to be.

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Most cabs are old police cars when the cab company buys them. Cab drivers don't get paid a percentage anywhere I know of. Maybe Vegas is totally different than the rest of the country, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Most cabs are old police cars when the cab company buys them. Cab drivers don't get paid a percentage anywhere I know of. Maybe Vegas is totally different than the rest of the country, but I doubt it.
Cabs in Vegas aren't old police cars when we get them, they are new cars, crown Vic's are not being built anymore, we have always been paid by percentage, what other mid info do you have?

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Cabs in Vegas aren't old police cars when we get them, they are new cars, crown Vic's are not being built anymore, we have always been paid by percentage, what other mid info do you have?
I only know what its like where I drove. Haven't driven a cab since the 90's. Cab company owners bribe the local officials to get regulations THEY want, drivers are just pieces of meat to be exploited. Uber isn't much different, but with CC only model, a lot fewer drivers will die on the job.

·
Registered
455 Posts
not sure why everyone rags on the cabs.....drive yor car for 2 full years fll time or even part time with all miles and wear and tear, your cars are gonna be stinkier or more beat up than the cabs.....then either have to get a new car or be out.....UBER is all about UBER...great system..makes $$$$$$$ for UBER and very very cheap for the passenger...NO WIN situation for drivers at all......walmart makes $$$$$$$$$ customers buy CHEAPP (WIN) employees...make Sh*t and will always be bottom feeders (THE TRUTH)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts