Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Your first week with Lyft last week you did 20 rides and this week you've done 3 in seven hours....and you want to blame anyone but yourself .

Sorry, the world (and Lyft) don't owe you anything just for being born.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Your first week with Lyft last week you did 20 rides and this week you've done 3 in seven hours....and you want to blame anyone but yourself .

Sorry, the world (and Lyft) don't owe you anything just for being born.
*Reading comprehension. The OP's post describes their disappointment at being online for seven hours and only seeing $32 in revenue. There is no evidence in the original post that the person believes that the world, or Lyft, has any kind of unpaid debt to them. I'm not sure why you would make that allegation.

All in all, a very misguided and irrelevant post.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
*Reading comprehension. The OP's post describes their disappointment at being online for seven hours and only seeing $32 in revenue. There is no evidence in the original post that the person believes that the world, or Lyft, has any kind of unpaid debt to them. I'm not sure why you would make that allegation.

All in all, a very misguided and irrelevant post.
Read the thread title. I accept your apology in advance for not using logic also.
The OP isn't happy with 3 rides in seven hours? The OP should figure out how he did 20 rides last week without issue and what is different this week and take responsibility for sitting around doing nothing. Not rocket science. But it is just easier to blame Lyft for not meeting personal goals, too funny.

Advice for the OP: do what you were doing last week- duh, don't do whatever the heck you're doing this week-duh, and don't blame Lyft like a little girl for whatever you changed this week. Simple enough for you guys to understand??

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Uber is pretty much non stop in Boston - give it a shot and do both. You make more $$ with Lyft if you drive prime time but the volume isn't there.
I had about 4 months of awesome Lyft driving after Uber cut fares late last year. Plenty of volume, good tips, etc. Was netting $1500-1800+ per week (prior to my expenses applied.) They were also doing wild promo free rides, so picking up biz was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Hell, now Lyft is so freakin' dead because of driver saturation it's barely worth turning on the app. I wouldn't even bother trying to do Lyft only. Driver would starve.

Uber's platform is better for more aggressive hunters. Lyft doesn't reward that kind of hustle.

·
Premium Member
14,303 Posts
Read the thread title. I accept your apology in advance for not using logic also.
The OP isn't happy with 3 rides in seven hours? The OP should figure out how he did 20 rides last week without issue and what is different this week and take responsibility for sitting around doing nothing. Not rocket science. But it is just easier to blame Lyft for not meeting personal goals, too funny.

Advice for the OP: do what you were doing last week- duh, don't do whatever the heck you're doing this week-duh, and don't blame Lyft like a little girl for whatever you changed this week. Simple enough for you guys to understand??
There is no indication that the OP thinks that he is entitled to anything.

·
Registered
971 Posts
$32 in Boston for 7 hours? What day is this from? You obviously are not in the city, there are drivers from Boston very active here that are hitting 4 figures weekly.

Try being closer to one of the many fine institutions of higher learning near Cambridge on a Friday/Saturday night. Or try the tourist areas around Faneuil Hall and the Aquarium. I grabbed a Lyft when I was there, got an Acura TL for $1/mile and was happy to leave the guy a $5 tip. He was great and I loved his accent. Took us by Paul Revere's house and stopped for pictures. Great guy.

7 hours and 3 rides... where the hell are you hiding? West Milford?

·
Premium Member
14,303 Posts
$32 in Boston for 7 hours? What day is this from? You obviously are not in the city, there are drivers from Boston very active here that are hitting 4 figures weekly.

Try being closer to one of the many fine institutions of higher learning near Cambridge on a Friday/Saturday night. Or try the tourist areas around Faneuil Hall and the Aquarium. I grabbed a Lyft when I was there, got an Acura TL for $1/mile and was happy to leave the guy a $5 tip. He was great and I loved his accent. Took us by Paul Revere's house and stopped for pictures. Great guy.

Go easy on him Diesel. Lol.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts

I'm fortunate. Where I drive it's still possible to hit the 4 figure mark after platform cutz if you know what's going on. And that without driving much past dark or on weekends or weekend nights. Unfortunately I won't share my tips with anyone. I have to bust my ass to try to stay ahead in this f'ed up game already and it's just barely feasible by every tactical location/hunt/stunt available. There simply isn't any more room for other drivers to do what I do. And I'm also pretty sure that there are still a few drivers in my area who are doing the same.

Reactions: KekeLo

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I turned the Lyft app on and I'm not getting passengers or enough passengers and not making the money I want to make....

Tell me again how this isn't "feeling entitled", that Lyft "owes him rides"? And the nerve to blame Lyft, lol.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
I turned the Lyft app on and I'm not getting passengers or enough passengers and not making the money I want to make....

Tell me again how this isn't "feeling entitled", that Lyft "owes him rides"? And the nerve to blame Lyft, lol.
And you won't. There are simply too many drivers. I've been waiting 9 months for the driver hordes to clear out so I can go back to Lyft full time, solely because of TIPS. But they just keep piling in. Drivers must be starving to death.

I run a couple of check points with Lyft every week. Devote some time solely to one platform or the other and just compare, see who wins. Lyft hasn't won in a long long time now.

Reactions: KekeLo

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
He could have had the app volume off. I have missed a few calls because my volume gets turned down when I put the phone in the cradle. Having the Uber strobe light on has caught a few I would have missed.
The full-time Lyft drivers in Boston do very well, so I don't know what he's doing, but you hit the nail right on the head.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Lyft is just a bad in Detroit. 20-30 minute ride requests. Hours between requests. I've had Lyft rides this week both were $5 each. Both were 15 minutes away. I run about 25% to 0% acceptance rate with Lyft but that's because I'll pass one the only ping I get in a night because it is so far away. They're not going to survive in Detroit. They are only for the Uber deactivated drivers anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts