Uber Drivers Forum banner

My calculated net hourly pay after expenses is

201 - 220 of 249 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
Ants don't have any problems like me. Surely we are misusing the term
Perhaps one of the greatest Ants to ever walk this planet was one of Dallas' very own. Unfortunately, he hung up his driving gloves, but you never know, he may return one day. De La Creme even retired from Anting once - bought myself a luxurious watch and everything. But I'm back.

Anyways, this Ant was so great, I proposed nicknaming him after one of the Old Masters:

VincANT vANT Gogh
ANTy Warhol
MichelANTgelo
Henri MANTisse
Édouard MANTnet

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Hat tip for your also excellent post... lol

Quick question... I think you referred to this before - publicly disclosed information - where can I go to read that? I am interested in the information available to me because I can learn from it.
10 - Q, 10-K filings

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
...and haven't done anything productive at work today, apparently...🙄
Not my most productive day. Reading through some term sheets. One for a $225mm pre-money; $250mm post-money deal with a couple of foreign private equity investors. The other is a relatively small $30mm acquisition using cash and stock. Majority to be paid upfront with the rest through milestone-based earnouts.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Not my most productive day. Reading through some term sheets. One for a $225mm pre-money; $250mm post-money deal with a couple of foreign private equity investors. The other is a relatively small $30mm acquisition using cash and stock. Majority to be paid upfront with the rest through milestone-based earnouts.
Honestly, your long-windeness here is more tolerable than your extolling the virtues of non-fungible tokens and the staking of Ether.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Honestly, your long-windeness here is more tolerable than your extolling the virtues of non-fungible tokens and the staking of Ether.
I don't yet have a strong opinion one way or the other on NFT's. I don't quite get it and they don't appeal to me, but I think it is generally a pretty lit concept. Ether staking on the other hand is fascinating. Ether London upgrade scheduled for August 4th! Fees will be used to start burning Ether, thereby either reducing the rate of inflation and perchance even creating a deflationary envrionment. 🙌 💎 🚀

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
No one implied that a degree guarantees a well-paying job. I posted that data to compare to what the average Ant is earning to help elucidate whether, in fact, the Ants are paid as poorly as some here would have you believe. I contended that an Ant with no real skills, no education, no need to even speak the dominant language, should not be as highly compensated as your average college grad, regardless of degree.

One of the most important skills one can possess is the ability to write concisely and cogently. Liberal arts graduates tend to excel in this regard.

I think cost of living is somewhat important, but I'd need to see what the average college grad with those same majors is earning in those locations to have an informed opinion.

If Tech CEOs are so overpaid, why don't just become one and reap the rewards? Oh, because you can't - because they are exceptional talents, with exemplary educations, and the skills necessary to rise through the ranks of a massive organization to reach the pinnacle. All it takes to become an Ant is a car and 30 seconds to download an app.
Years ago someone asked me: Why? if you are so smart, why aren't you rich? The answer is, of course, money doesn't always flow from smarts. If it did, I would be rich, Even a high degree of skill doesn.t guarantee high pay.. Also important is the risk the worker is exposed to and the importance of the work to the employer and ultimately the customer

Im not arguing that all workers should get paid equally, only that there ought to be a floor

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
Years ago someone asked me: Why? if you are so smart, why aren't you rich? The answer is, of course, money doesn't always flow from smarts. If it did, I would be rich, Even a high degree of skill doesn.t guarantee high pay.. Also important is the risk the worker is exposed to and the importance of the work to the employer and ultimately the customer

Im not arguing that all workers should get paid equally, only that there ought to be a floor

I knew a very wealthy individual. Real-estate tycoon. Completely self-made. He was an idiot. The guy had no concept of failure. Fear of failure is a very real thing that can keep you from succeeding.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·

well, I have to ask what your poison was. If you are in fact smart and presumably highly skilled, what prevented you from becoming rich.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
well, I have to ask what your poison was. If you are in fact smart and presumably highly skilled, what prevented you from becoming rich.
I wonder if it was cocaine.

She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie... cocaine.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
I knew a very wealthy individual. Real-estate tycoon. Completely self-made. He was an idiot. The guy had no concept of failure. Fear of failure is a very real thing that can keep you from succeeding.
There are many paths to the road to riches, but most are underpinned by sheer ambition. Some like De La Creme utilize brute intelligence and tenacity to build the credentials required to gain employment in the most lucrative sectors of the economy. Others utilize what I'll call streets smarts or relationship building (sales, deal structurers, connectors of projects and capital) that do not necessarily require excess intelligence. These folks do still tend to be driven and ambitious.

Without the requisite drive, neither path to vast wealth is achievable. Sure you have a sliver or trust fund kids or lottery winners, etc. but they are few and far between and certainly not a variable within ones control, like drive.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
2020 Year to date: Actual numbers: Gross hourly $30.78. After all expenses including depreciation, $25.11 per hour. Gross per mile $1.36, profit per mile $1.11. Been doing this a LONG time and I know my market. I work the peak hours and a lot of late late nights on weekends until the sun comes up.
This gentleman is making more net income than even the study suggests. Bravo!

$50,000+ annualized assuming 2,000hr work year.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
This gentleman is making more net income than even the study suggests. Bravo!

$50,000+ annualized assuming 2,000hr work year.

Can't annualize it really... I'm a part timer. And it's only that good because I only work when it's raining money. If I worked 40hr/wk, my averages would be WAY lower.

PS. 50k a year is chicken feed. I'm just dicking around out here.

BTW, you are showing your intellectual prowess... pulling information from another thread into here because it's relevant. Maybe you really do have a Gigabrain LOLZ

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Can't annualize it really... I'm a part timer. And it's only that good because I only work when it's raining money. If I worked 40hr/wk, my averages would be WAY lower.

PS. 50k a year is chicken feed. I'm just dicking around out here.

BTW, you are showing your intellectual prowess... pulling information from another thread into here because it's relevant. Maybe you really do have a Gigabrain LOLZ
The Cornell study provides analysis on part-timers and full-timers. Your earnings still exceed their figures for part-timers. Your calculation lends credence to the fact that their rigorous analysis is at least directionally correct.

Agreed $50k is chicken feed, that's like a single day fluctuation in the value of a PA personal investment account for many (excludign 401k, RIA, or Bitties accounts).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Perhaps one of the greatest Ants to ever walk this planet was one of Dallas' very own. Unfortunately, he hung up his driving gloves, but you never know, he may return one day. De La Creme even retired from Anting once - bought myself a luxurious watch and everything. But I'm back.

Anyways, this Ant was so great, I proposed nicknaming him after one of the Old Masters:

VincANT vANT Gogh
ANTy Warhol
MichelANTgelo
Henri MANTisse
Édouard MANTnet

wow, Manet, not Monet...Manet was the one with syphilis right?

·
Registered
19 Posts
No one implied that a degree guarantees a well-paying job. I posted that data to compare to what the average Ant is earning to help elucidate whether, in fact, the Ants are paid as poorly as some here would have you believe. I contended that an Ant with no real skills, no education, no need to even speak the dominant language, should not be as highly compensated as your average college grad, regardless of degree.

One of the most important skills one can possess is the ability to write concisely and cogently. Liberal arts graduates tend to excel in this regard.

I think cost of living is somewhat important, but I'd need to see what the average college grad with those same majors is earning in those locations to have an informed opinion.

If Tech CEOs are so overpaid, why don't just become one and reap the rewards? Oh, because you can't - because they are exceptional talents, with exemplary educations, and the skills necessary to rise through the ranks of a massive organization to reach the pinnacle. All it takes to become an Ant is a car and 30 seconds to download an app.

I think you meant to write "libertyal arts" is good as drivnig fer uber

201 - 220 of 249 Posts