Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really interested in leasing a car myself, just curious. With a standard car lease, would there usually be something in the lease agreement forbidding its use for ridesharing and/or similar things?

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Leased a car last year and asked that question specifically of the finance person at the dealership. I was told that there was nothing in my lease contract prohibiting me from doing rideshare, she said people to it all the time. On a side note, that is not the car I do rideshare with, I would think that the mileage overage charges would be a killer at .20-.30 a mile over the allotment.

·
Super Moderator
6,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, overage charges could be costly. I was actually thinking of the of the opposite scenario. That for someone who has a lease anyway, and is well under their mileage limit, it might work out well if they used up the extra miles ridesharing. Although I guess there's still the increased possibility of car damage to consider.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If you plan on buying after the lease don't worry about the mileage. Leases are generally the best way to bury negative equity in your current vehicle if you have it. For instance, I recently purchased an Optima plug-in hybrid for my wife. A remaining 2017 when 18's were hitting the lot. $12k in rebates with the government subsidy. Hard to beat that. Gap is also automatically included. Purchasing the incentives were not even half.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts