Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i started driving uber/lyft for almost 6months now. i used to lease and then got my own car. I just found out about keeping mileage log and tracking expenses. Iv started doing both and use just 2 debits cards. when its tax season is turbotax the best to file my tax since i dont have an accoutant and its my first time. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Hi, i started driving uber/lyft for almost 6months now. i used to lease and then got my own car. I just found out about keeping mileage log and tracking expenses. Iv started doing both and use just 2 debits cards. when its tax season is turbotax the best to file my tax since i dont have an accoutant and its my first time. Thanks
I do my taxes the old-fashioned way. With paper forms.

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
You'll be better off spending $200 a year at someone who does this for a living and they will probably be able to save you more than $200. It's pays for itself, most of this DIYshit ain't for everyone.
Exactly. Pay a guy 150 and he does all the work. No need to fumble around with receipts or mileage log. In and out like in an hour

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Random question. I got the uber/lyft summary of everything I made since I made under a certain amount so I dont get the 1099.the gross shows an amount way more than what my personal records show I made. When I file will they actually take into consideration the expenses within that same summary form and subtract it? besides the expenses Ill give to them.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Its supposed to be under commisions i believe, you gotta put everything, it got too complicated for me so im going to a guy that does all taxis taxes but uber took alot of money and you gotta put that they took that money so you dont pay taxes on their money.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Its supposed to be under commisions i believe, you gotta put everything, it got too complicated for me so im going to a guy that does all taxis taxes but uber took alot of money and you gotta put that they took that money so you dont pay taxes on their money.
thank you. Yea ill make sure to state that they took all that money. Cause I keep everything documented and screen shots of my rides including the google maps info of each ride so they can't claim anything opposite.

·
Premium Member
9,092 Posts
Random question. I got the uber/lyft summary of everything I made since I made under a certain amount so I dont get the 1099.the gross shows an amount way more than what my personal records show I made. When I file will they actually take into consideration the expenses within that same summary form and subtract it? besides the expenses Ill give to them.
They show the gross amount b4 commision and sales tax

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
On the 1099 form, but on the summary page all the details are listed. Gross, net, tolls and bonuses.
I dont get a 1099 this time since I made under the minimum they require for it. So should I just take the summary with all my documentation and expenses to a tax person?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello people,

Quick question: would you show the expenses to get the TLC license and registration when you are filing your taxes for Uber and Lyft?

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts