Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car inspection via Viber Video Chat. More convenient then hub / jiffy...
$20. convienence of your own garage. Took 10 minutes . so glad I came across this Start up. Uber just accepted my document.

P.s. There were a few things they didn't check example : Doors opening and closing. Brake lights / tail lights, front seat adjustment / bumper / paint oxidation... The main thing seem to be the penny test for the treads in tires...

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
A chick at the jiffy lube in San mateo failed me for a scratched bumper... then they pass people with major body damage. I think sometimes they just pass whoever they feel like or discriminate
Yep ! Even greenhub doesn't care about scratches ,that's just what happens when people are paid poorly.

I go to the one in mill valley the guys there are nice , never had any issues .

·
Registered
637 Posts
A chick at the jiffy lube in San mateo failed me for a scratched bumper... then they pass people with major body damage. I think sometimes they just pass whoever they feel like or discriminate
Local mechanic here in toen charges $50 and signs off both Uber and Lyft.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
It's crazy what these "technology" companies get away with, my car has no issues so I still go with free :) save my 20$
People use this service precisely because either greenhub/jiffylube/etc... won't let you pass the inspection. Mostly to bypass body/paint damage but I wouldn't be surprised if this service were letting people get away with more serious stuff like broken seatbelts/doors, check engine light, tire pressure, etc....

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I recommend Jiffy in Hayward. Ask for an Uber inspection (not lyft, they charge). Pulled in, no wait, was out in 10 minutes. Uploaded the doc to both U/L and was accepted. This was yesterday. Not sure I'll drive before this inspection expires, but at least I'm eligible.

·
Premium Member
4,802 Posts
If you’re in SF go to Lyft’s place on 26th in Potrero. Free re-inspection and if u go when they’re quiet then no need to book. Same with Uber greenlight in Daly City, roll up and done in no time. I did Lyft yesterday and Uber a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts
People use this service precisely because either greenhub/jiffylube/etc... won't let you pass the inspection. Mostly to bypass body/paint damage but I wouldn't be surprised if this service were letting people get away with more serious stuff like broken seatbelts/doors, check engine light, tire pressure, etc....
This company checks all of these things as the inspection is being done. Even though they do not ask for it directly it can be seen through video chat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Car inspection via Viber Video Chat. More convenient then hub / jiffy...
$20. convienence of your own garage. Took 10 minutes . so glad I came across this Start up. Uber just accepted my document.

P.s. There were a few things they didn't check example : Doors opening and closing. Brake lights / tail lights, front seat adjustment / bumper / paint oxidation... The main thing seem to be the penny test for the treads in tires...
I paid ridesharemechanic for the inspection, but Uber did not accept the inspetion sheet they gave me now out $30 for nothing and wasted time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts