Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone has told me that a company named rideshare Max will lease you a vehicle to drive for uber at a cost of $200 a month , anyone heard of this ?, I can't seem to find it anywhere.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's common sense to believe that that's not possible? Like what were you thinking that someone will give you a car for 200/month?
Rental companies don't offer those deals to their employees

Please use common sense next time
Some advice for you , don't be such a pompous ******** , it was a question only , if you would like to discuss this in person I would be happy to oblige ******bag.

·
Premium Member
8,148 Posts
That's o
That's ok man , I kinda flew off the handle a bit as well .Cheers.
Maveric

Theres a thread on here about the rental scam a guy has in Toronto. He posts on Kijiji and rents lemons with fake insurance.

If you really need a car to Uber you might be better off financing it traditionally. The only way I can see it being financially viable is if you work like Harry70. He drives select and works full time (a whole shit load of hours:))

I'm not sure of your circumstances eg.credit etc. But you can always get a car in Toronto. It really depends on what you can spend and what you need to make $$ to break even and make a profit.

The expenses of driving vary from 20-40% of your earnings (gas, insurance, depreciation and maintenence/repairs)

Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
What I can say from reading the forum, talking to drivers who have had dealings with this 'company', and using a tiny bit of common sense is:

Don't bother with this guy. Just don't. Do not give him a cent of your money or a second of your time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They do it in the states , enterprise rent a car etc. , I have a good vehicle but a customer mentioned this to me .

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
You can't rent a washroom for 200/ month nowadays. I'm renting out my car for 700 a month and it's 8 years old.

·
Registered
13 Posts
To clarify on the original post, we rent in Toronto for $200/week + Personal insurance (paid by the drivers). We cover all maintenance and safety inspections on the vehicles, including consumables like oil and brake pads. Other cities it ranges from $100-$150/week.

A few people on this forum seem to call everything in life a "scam" just as they call Uber itself a "scam" - But that seems to be their motive for getting through life.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts