Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Did you go to an agent or over the phone. They quoting me double that per 6 months.
I'll insure you for free, Nice Pic!!! Sorry UberPeople couldn't resist!

Nat-urality you asked for that with that BEAUTIFUL Pic...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just got signed up with Geico for the Tahoe at $1,800 for a year. Both my wife and I are on it. Full coverage, med. pmts, rideshare (for just me), rental reimbursement, and $500 deductibles.

Quotes I got from Farmers and Allstate were significantly higher premiums for the same coverage.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
I just got signed up with Geico for the Tahoe at $1,800 for a year. Both my wife and I are on it. Full coverage, med. pmts, rideshare (for just me), rental reimbursement, and $500 deductibles.

Quotes I got from Farmers and another one were significantly higher premiums for the same coverage.
Glad to see you fixed your problem with Progressive. Doesn't sound like a bad deal.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I just got signed up with Geico for the Tahoe at $1,800 for a year. Both my wife and I are on it. Full coverage, med. pmts, rideshare (for just me), rental reimbursement, and

Quotes I got from Farmers and another one were significantly higher premiums for the same coverage.
I had just the opposite experience ... Geico quote was higher.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I tried to get a quote from Geico and they said they don't do rideshare! Is it my city/state?
It does vary state-to-state in addition to company-to-company.
According to the blogger "Ride Share Guy," you can get it from either Geico or Farmers in MN. Not sure if they have changed or if he was wrong.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I tried to get a quote from Geico and they said they don't do rideshare! Is it my city/state?
It's your state. Providers have to be approved by state insurance commissioner. Check with your State Insurance Commissioner and/or search for rideshare in MN.

·
Registered
167 Posts
No is that required for commercial insurance?
I don't know, but was having that conversation with another driver today and we were both curious about it. I'd say if you got the insurance I wouldn't worry about it.
BTW does anyone know if it's possible to tag another member from this forum on a reply?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I don't know, but was having that conversation with another driver today and we were both curious about it. I'd say if you got the insurance I wouldn't worry about it.
BTW does anyone know if it's possible to tag another member from this forum on a reply?
Yeah, put the "@" sign in front. Once you start writing the screen name, it autofinishes it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts