Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listen I stopped rideshare after Uber and Lyft refused to give me a protective shield barrier and told me to buy my own if I don't feel safe. I am so tired of this bs. We risk are lives everyday not only interacting with people sick from Covid but also risk being shot, stabbed, dying in a car accident, etc. This isn't right how we are being treated. We have to stand up and demand better pay, freedom to make are own fare, health Benny's, raises, protection. Do you know that if Uber or Lyft finds out you have a gun for protection you are deactivated immediately. They don't care about your safety they care about how they look politically. Your telling me when I am the only driver on the road and I have to travel 7 miles away to pick a passenger up Uber and lyft tells me what little Itty bitty fare I am going to make. This isn't right we should be able to have the freedom to make are own fare. I understand there's no jobs out there and we all have to play the game and support are families but this needs to stop.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
um, are you sure you wanted to say that? 'cause I think it is quite the opposite. Crap ton of job openings out there....everywhere.
God dude do you like arguing about something you know nothing about. I SAID INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY HAS NO JOBS. Of course you couldn't name me one IT job in las vegas. I'm not buying into your little game because chances are you have no degree and no certificates

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
um, are you sure you wanted to say that? 'cause I think it is quite the opposite. Crap ton of job openings out there....everywhere.
If you want to work at Target, walmart,McDonald's then ya there are jobs. Sorry I refuse to work for those places with a degree and tech certs lmao. But you can go enjoy those places, be my guest.

Premium Member
I SAID INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY HAS NO JOBS.
You might have thought you said it, but it was actually in a different thread that you mentioned it and not this one.

But yeah, I agree with both you and Shalester about the lack and surplus of jobs. Plenty of jobs are out there, but none of them are any better paying than driving for Uber.

Low income jobs are abundant because low income people are on unemployment. But high income jobs are scarce because they never quit their job to go on the dole.

Premium Member
Sorry I refuse to work for those places with a degree and tech certs lmao. But you can go enjoy those places, be my guest.
barking up wrong tree, dude. Been there, done that....retired from the career.

but, regardless, there are jobs out there above what you mentioned. One just needs to be qualified to apply. Doing RS doesn't really help one be qualified to much of anything beyond driving, right? Hum.

Premium Member
I SAID INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY HAS NO JOBS
what a load of horse and cow shyte. There are a shit ton of those jobs IF YOU ARE QUALIFIED to apply. Qualified AND have experience. IT support positions in every industry. But one must have the ability and the experience to get hired.

Now off with you to get qualified.

• Haha
Reactions: New2This and Rift

Premium Member
I agree everyone should stop driving. Leave it to me.
it's yours, but not sure how that will work with you being in China? 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 馃う鈥嶁檪锔 And isn't Uber gone from China; Didi kicked their arse? Hum.

Premium Member
Listen I stopped rideshare after Uber and Lyft refused to give me a protective shield barrier and told me to buy my own if I don't feel safe. I am so tired of this bs. We risk are lives everyday not only interacting with people sick from Covid but also risk being shot, stabbed, dying in a car accident, etc. This isn't right how we are being treated. We have to stand up and demand better pay, freedom to make are own fare, health Benny's, raises, protection. Do you know that if Uber or Lyft finds out you have a gun for protection you are deactivated immediately. They don't care about your safety they care about how they look politically. Your telling me when I am the only driver on the road and I have to travel 7 miles away to pick a passenger up Uber and lyft tells me what little Itty bitty fare I am going to make. This isn't right we should be able to have the freedom to make are own fare. I understand there's no jobs out there and we all have to play the game and support are families but this needs to stop.
The reality is that we are classified as independent contractors so things like shields are to be provided by ourselves as independent contractors. Uber/Lyft does not care if you or me or anyone driving for them is killed. It costs them nothing. Welcome to the darkside of capitalism.

Lyft/Uber's anti-weapon policy is in the TOS we all agreed to when when signed up. What worries you the most: Being deactivated for carrying a weapon or being killed because when you needed a weapon you didn't have one because of a corporation's anti-weapon policy? As far as I am concerned, a concealed weapon doesn't exist until it is revealed. And the only time to reveal it would be when it was needed. The solution seems clear to me.

But you ain't wrong, bro. Things need to change. But I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it. Organizing sounds great, but herding feral cats ain't easy. Past strikes have proven to be almost completely futile.

Registered
Why do you need a protective shield?
You think that shit can block a MICRO TINY TINY virus or bacteria -_-?
Your AC is d blowing the fresh passenger air to you on your face anyways... the vent is in the rear seat lol

Registered
Never!

Premium Member
"There's' no jobs out there". You mean ones in which you get paid $30 hour for having the skills of a 9th grader? Or ones where you show up when you want and sit on your ass doing nothing? Oh WAIT! That's rideshare!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts