Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Prices need to bump up... Can't wait for this wave of new drivers to thin out too. I take lots of Uber rides as a PAX and sometimes I'm shocked by who picks me up or the car. Yes, before you ask I tipped all my drivers... Last guy showed up with a busted windshield and was paying rave music.

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
And I want 5 stars too. I'm tired of ppl with attitudes file a report on me as if i having bad attitude and then 1 star me. Prices definently need to go up, I tired of being paid half the min wage.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I can not rate a passenger that does not tip, less than what I rate a passenger that does. So Uber should notify all passenger's that if they want 5 stars then maybe they should tip.
If my car smells, I don't get 5 stars. If a passenger smells he is treated the same way.
If I am rude to the passenger... we all know.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Or....take that 4x surge and eat it like a champ, instead of cancelling, waiting, and playing the wrong pickup address scam...

Without being a sore and vindictive winer about it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Fuber treat ur driver's Five Star then in return Driver's

treat the Riders's five star endless hiring and culling will

not solve the issue ! So U could become a INN & OUTT

Fast.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Fuber treat ur driver's Five Star then in return Driver's

treat the Riders's five star endless hiring and culling will

not solve the issue ! So U could become a INN & OUTT

Fast.
I just did my first Lyft ride-as-rider, and I think I met the "problem":

Retired but by no means senior-citizeny guy, very respectable and dignified upper-middle class WASP, 4.9 rating, immaculate 2012 Hyundai Tucson all optioned up with black leather, smooth as butter ride,looks like he walked straight out of some advertisement for golf clubs....mostly drives X and Pool, says I'm his first Lyft rider in forever

pulls maybe 500ish a week, average ride far below $10....no metals. No guarantees. Hardly any surge.

Yeah admittedly me in my bimmer powerdrivering Lyft blaring Metallica at night with the party crowd up and down PCH is probably pretty disruptive too, but I average $13-20 per ride, depending on the week... And Lyft costs more. And I don't touch Line/Pool.

But if THAT guy can be taken by a couple at the same price as getting them two on a bus, well dang, no wonder all the struggling unemployed fathers from Eastern Europe and the Middle East that I meet at LAX and such, in their old beater Priuses, with their deep accents, nervous voices, and tired faces, are getting shafted by the pax. You can't win against this guy with a foreign name and culture, an accent, and an older cheaper vehicle....heck, I'm sure HIS rowdy drunks sober up and sit up straight.

Tried to nudge the guy into trying to get his car into select, or upgrade to a Select vehicle... If he's happily setting the expectation bar for the LOWEST cut-rate service, well, dang, we all Uber-screwed here....

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
I just did my first Lyft ride-as-rider, and I think I met the "problem":

Retired but by no means senior-citizeny guy, very respectable and dignified upper-middle class WASP, 4.9 rating, immaculate 2012 Hyundai Tucson all optioned up with black leather, smooth as butter ride,looks like he walked straight out of some advertisement for golf clubs....mostly drives X and Pool, says I'm his first Lyft rider in forever

pulls maybe 500ish a week, average ride far below $10....no metals. No guarantees. Hardly any surge.

Yeah admittedly me in my bimmer powerdrivering Lyft blaring Metallica at night with the party crowd up and down PCH is probably pretty disruptive too, but I average $13-20 per ride, depending on the week... And Lyft costs more. And I don't touch Line/Pool.

But if THAT guy can be taken by a couple at the same price as getting them two on a bus, well dang, no wonder all the struggling unemployed fathers from Eastern Europe and the Middle East that I meet at LAX and such, in their old beater Priuses, with their deep accents, nervous voices, and tired faces, are getting shafted by the pax. You can't win against this guy with a foreign name and culture, an accent, and an older cheaper vehicle....heck, I'm sure HIS rowdy drunks sober up and sit up straight.

Tried to nudge the guy into trying to get his car into select, or upgrade to a Select vehicle... If he's happily setting the expectation bar for the LOWEST cut-rate service, well, dang, we all Uber-screwed here....
Don't forget the cracked, yellowing deeds to houses the Israelis are never going to give back

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
But why should the white guy be immunized from being messed with by Uber/pax? He's playing in the same system the guys at the airport are in. He saw the same "make $90,000/year!" advertisements, needed the money and signed up. He's just as reliant on getting pinged as everyone else is out here. And his passengers don't tip for ship either, just like everyone else.

Did you ask him if he ever stops to pick up all the $100 bills people throw at white guys? Because that's one potential source of revenue he might be missing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I didn't read the previous posts so pardon me if my idea has been mentioned already but here is the deal: The overwhelming majority of people are nice (to me at least) but when you get that one super duper ******* scumbag come in the car, you know the one that you just don't vibe with and they make you feel like total shit for some reason? If you have been doing this long enough you know what I mean; It happens maybe once a day. I am strongly of the opinion that no matter how nice you are to that person they will leave you a bad rating soooooooo what do you do? LEAVE THAT PERSON A ONE and screw them over even harder than they screw you. SPECIALLY IF their rating is low already. Let me say it again if they really make you feel like shit know that that person will be the one that will leave you a bad rating and ruin your 5 star rating NO MATTER HOW NICE YOU ARE TO THEM.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts