Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice as of late riders entering the wrong pickup address? I have received several pings lately with riders entering the wrong pickup location then giving me the third degree for going to the wrong location. I am about half tempted to deny people who put in the wrong address and then call me and harass me for going to the wrong location. Anyone else have the same problem recently or is it just me?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
It's been this way since Uber introduced the new pax app. Pax were used to entering their pickup spot first and then their destination. For those that complete the proper steps it's my opinion based on my experience that Uber screwed up GPS accuracy in one of the last two or three updates.

Had a pickup last night for a local restaurant, but the address was on a street that only runs south from its major cross street, Uber nav wanted me to turn north.

This is how I handle wrong address pings, arrive at entered destination, when they call asking where I'm at I tell them I'm at their requested location. When they start giving me the business I tell them to look at their phone and read the address of the pick up. Once they realize their mistake I tell them I'll come get you, but I'm starting the ride from here, they promptly hangup and cancel 9 out of 10 times.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Anyone else notice as of late riders entering the wrong pickup address? I have received several pings lately with riders entering the wrong pickup location then giving me the third degree for going to the wrong location. I am about half tempted to deny people who put in the wrong address and then call me and harass me for going to the wrong location. Anyone else have the same problem recently or is it just me?
Just go to the original location and start your timer for 5 min. Don't answer their calls. After 5, cancel. Get paid. Next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.