Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to drive around 7pm until 9 pm this evening mostly Henderson area. I had 8 trips canceled 3 out of 8 I drove to the location called 2 and they said who is uber. Feels like someone is playing order then cancel etc etc or I am just having bad luck. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Would not surprise me if it is reporters, cabbies, or simply interested users testing it all out. On the 2 locations that you drove to, did you mark as no show and collect the $5 fee?

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Nope. 5mins from the request is accepted.. regardless you are on the way or arrived... and regardless who cancels.
Keep in mind.. Uber keeps tracks of everything so don't think of getting free money.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nope. 5mins from the request is accepted.. regardless you are on the way or arrived... and regardless who cancels.
Keep in mind.. Uber keeps tracks of everything so don't think of getting free money.
It maybe 5 minutes for the passenger however once you have arrived you must wait at least 5 minutes for the passenger. I also don't know anyone who would try to get free money. I always give the passenger 3 text/calls and if they don't answer then I cancel. I believe this is also Ubers policy, you must try to make contact.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have had 2 cancellations in 2 days while driving to p/u. One was a no show after driving 9 miles(>20 mins) I still waited 5 mins before cancelling. Another cancelled while enroute but I still received the $5 cancellation fee.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have had 2 cancellations in 2 days while driving to p/u. One was a no show after driving 9 miles(>20 mins) I still waited 5 mins before cancelling. Another cancelled while enroute but I still received the $5 cancellation fee.
Welcome to Uber, 18 percent of my request cancel here in Albuquerque.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would not surprise me if it is reporters, cabbies, or simply interested users testing it all out. On the 2 locations that you drove to, did you mark as no show and collect the $5 fee?
No I did not I didn't know now I know thanks for the info I did contact uber about this it was just weird to have 8 cancelations in couple of hours . Maybe you right cabies etc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe I'm wrong but I believe it is 7 minutes after you except the ride if the passenger cancels and 5 minutes after you arrive if you cancel.
This is what uber replied to me about cancelation

• If the rider cancels before 5 minutes, no cancellation fee will apply.
  • If the rider cancels after 5 minutes, a cancellation fee will apply as long as you are still arriving on-time.
  • If you cancel the trip after arriving at the rider's request location and waiting 5 minutes, a cancellation fee will apply.
All cancellation fees are automatically applied by the system, so you do not need to take any extra steps.

To cancel a trip:
* Select the "info" button on the upper right hand corner of the screen.
* Tap "CANCEL TRIP" on the bottom of the next screen. You can also select the reason you are canceling the trip.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I started to drive around 7pm until 9 pm this evening mostly Henderson area. I had 8 trips canceled 3 out of 8 I drove to the location called 2 and they said who is uber. Feels like someone is playing order then cancel etc etc or I am just having bad luck. Has anyone else experienced this?
I think people just getting the app and they are testing it when they realize what they did so they cancel I had also lots of cancellations I heard if you cancel within 5 minutes there is no fee.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Uberx Vegas rates:

Base fare $2.40 ---- $0.30 per minute ===== $1.85 Per mile ==== Safe Rides Fee $ 1 ==== Min fare $5 --- Cancellation fee $5

Not bad!!! These should be the rates nationwide for uberX

1 - 13 of 13 Posts