Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got two diffrent riders every time they change the address it went send to me or update did any body get ths

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
We can change the address from drivers app. But Uber recommends to change the address from rider app. I always ask pax to change the address from their app.
It's been proven recently that it doesn't really make a difference in some cases who updates the address. If destination is not significantly different fare will not change. If new destination is 800m+ away from original destination it doesn't matter if you change the address, pax changes the address, or nobody changes the address at all. It will be switched to time and distance automatically.

Without cellular data rider cannot change address
Yes, this is one good example of why rider may not be able to change destination.

·
Premium Member
8,712 Posts
It's been proven recently that it doesn't really make a difference in some cases who updates the address. If destination is not significantly different fare will not change. If destination is 800m+ away it doesn't matter if you change the address, pax changes the address, or nobody changes the address at all. It will be switched to time and distance automatically
Do you know if it is 800m off the original route (as the crow flies) or 800m travelled? Because going 400m into a winding survey isn't hard to do, and you might only end up a couple hundred feet from the road you were supposed to drive on. Plus 400m back out of the survey.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts