Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it was Saturday night and I get a ping from someone at a bar a couple miles away. I get there within a couple minutes, and since it's on a busy corner, can't park in front of the bar as that would block the flow of traffic. There's a small lot right around the corner from the front door so I pull into a space there, probably 50 feet from the entrance if that. I confirm that I've arrived, and then get a call from the rider stating she's out front and waiting. I told her I couldn't park directly out front because of traffic, I'm parked right around the corner from you. She wants me to drive out front. Since it's a busy street, I'm not going to just park illegally in front even just for a minute. All she had to do was take a few steps to the right and she could have seen me waiting. Instead, she gets an attitude and isn't willing to come to the car, so I cancel the ride. I drive off, and a minute later I see this same request come up. I thought, hell why not, I'll see if she'll be reasonable this time and meet me at the only place a car could wait for her at. Instead I get more attitude, with "I'm at the front door! What, do you want me to meet you on the roof?!" So I cancel again and drive off. Who would have thought that walking around the corner to meet your driver would prove so demanding and impossible.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I love it when they do this... it happens quite often. Some people are just dumb or lazy. I'll send em a text saying "I've arrived, parked on XXX street." Most of the time they'll come without a problem, but for some people it's too difficult. For those "special" people, I'll collect a $5 fee from them and they can try their luck with another driver.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
I had one once stand 20 feet away and text to ask why I didn't pull into the valet spot where she was.

I told her I was not looking for a valet and when I arrived there was a car I pulled around in any case. She TOLD me I needed to back up to her.

Since it had taken her over 4 minutes to come out and 45 seconds on the phone talking about the 20 feet I didn't move. She finally started walking to me. And I canceled and drove away.

I was never picking her up at that point anyway.

·
Registered
233 Posts
So it was Saturday night and I get a ping from someone at a bar a couple miles away. I get there within a couple minutes, and since it's on a busy corner, can't park in front of the bar as that would block the flow of traffic. There's a small lot right around the corner from the front door so I pull into a space there, probably 50 feet from the entrance if that. I confirm that I've arrived, and then get a call from the rider stating she's out front and waiting. I told her I couldn't park directly out front because of traffic, I'm parked right around the corner from you. She wants me to drive out front. Since it's a busy street, I'm not going to just park illegally in front even just for a minute. All she had to do was take a few steps to the right and she could have seen me waiting. Instead, she gets an attitude and isn't willing to come to the car, so I cancel the ride. I drive off, and a minute later I see this same request come up. I thought, hell why not, I'll see if she'll be reasonable this time and meet me at the only place a car could wait for her at. Instead I get more attitude, with "I'm at the front door! What, do you want me to meet you on the roof?!" So I cancel again and drive off. Who would have thought that walking around the corner to meet your driver would prove so demanding and impossible.
You should of accepted the second request and kept driving off. I love to do that. I'm doing you a favor by picking your ungrateful ass up so you won't get a dui, and your entitled ass can't even walk a couple feet FOH ish....o_O

·
24,199 Posts
Uber Taxi users do not mind legging it a bit.

UberX users complain about walking the length of a fire engine to get to you. It never occurs to these Rocket Scientists that the reason that I can not pull directly and exactly in front of the address is because the fire engine is already there. It does not occur to them that the basic laws of physics dictate that two solid objects can not occupy the same space at the same time.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Uber Taxi users do not mind legging it a bit.

UberX users complain about walking the length of a fire engine to get to you. It never occurs to these Rocket Scientists that the reason that I can not pull directly and exactly in front of the address is because the fire engine is already there. It does not occur to them that the basic laws of physics dictate that two solid objects can not occupy the same space at the same time.
They get on my freakin nerves....like what did you do b4 Uber? You drove yourself and spent hundreds of dollars on DUI and parking!!! Stop acting like drivers are doing you a favor for $4 .... Like seriously go swim with sharks with an open wound

·
Registered
703 Posts
I had a pickup request on a blocked street with repairs and their was a huge trench dug up all the way,the pax was waiting behind it and waving at me when I arrived.He called me asking me to come through the barricade sailing through the trench and kept arguing about the possibilities of making it through.it really amazes me at where the new generation of riders are headed.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I hope you collected a second $5 no show fee. Not bad - $10 for 10 minutes of work plus however long it took for you to get there. Only thing is - I wouldn't have accepted that second request. She's already agitated and would likely 1-star you even if she did become reasonable.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Sunday I collected two SPF on the same rider in less than 15 minutes.
I pull up to the bldg. Send text that I am in front of the next business in white zone.
Pax calls and I tell her I am less than 20' to her left. I can see her. She asks me to come to her. I tell her traffic is heavy, it is a one way street, and I can not block traffic. I wait 5 minutes and 10 seconds and cxl. I collect $4 for the stupid pax fee.
She pings me again before I am half a block away. I pull back into the same white zone. This time I send same text and I just wait 5 min and 10 seconds and collect a second SPF. I made $8 in 15 minutes. Most likely more than I would have made off taking her to her apartment 4 blocks away.
Little Italy can be fun some days......

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I pull up to the bldg. Send text that I am in front of the next business in white zone.
Pax calls and I tell her I am less than 20' to her left. I can see her. She asks me to come to her. I tell her traffic is heavy, it is a one way street, and I can not block traffic. I wait 5 minutes and 10 seconds and cxl. I collect $4 for the stupid pax fee.
She pings me again before I am half a block away. I pull back into the same white zone. This time I send same text and I just wait 5 min and 10 seconds and collect a second SPF. I made $8 in 15 minutes. Most likely more than I would have made off taking her to her apartment 4 blocks away.
So glad I have a good memory with people's names so that I can avoid these kinds of pax in the future!

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
So glad I have a good memory with people's names so that I can avoid these kinds of pax in the future!
I will take $4/5min all night long if the pax is that dumb.
I could see her standing in front of the bar holding her shoes. She was too drunk to put her shoes on to walk 20 feet.
Oh to live the life of the entitled.....

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I will take $4/5min all night long if the pax is that dumb.
I could see her standing in front of the bar holding her shoes. She was too drunk to put her shoes on to walk 20 feet.
Oh to live the life of the entitled.....
Right, but aren't you afraid of your rating taking a beating if you were to get these pax in the future?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
The Little Italy area of San Diego is a high income area with dense high rise apartments and many fine restaurants. It is the chosen home of the Millennial generation in San Diego. There are always lots of short rides available from apt to restaurants or bars and back. Most of the rides are less than $8.
I had no problem answering a ping from the same dumb pax twice. It kind of made me smile to know what would happen the second time :)

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Right, but aren't you afraid of your rating taking a beating if you were to get these pax in the future?
In San Diego the chance of getting the same pax twice in a year is tiny. There are 3.4 million possible passengers and almost that many Uber drivers.
If they don't start the ride, they can't rate you. This dingbat was too drunk to have any idea she got the same driver twice.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
In San Diego the chance of getting the same pax twice in a year is tiny. There are 3.4 million possible passengers and almost that many Uber drivers.
If they don't start the ride, they can't rate you. This dingbat was too drunk to have any idea she got the same driver twice.
You're pretty lucky then. Out of the nearly 500 rides I've done, I'd say about 10 of them have been repeats. So, I've gotta be wary about accepting rides from pax that I've cancelled on before.

·
Banned
919 Posts
I dont see anywhere that you collected $5. You sit in the lot for the 5 minutes. 5 for $5. Learn it, live it, love it.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
never fails, every sat night. i get at least 1-2. some pax are so dumb i swear. mostly its the young females that wont come to you even if you are 100 feet away. if they call i say , the cops are waving me along i cant just stop on a street i have to pull over where i can safely do a pickup. si had a princess living on a one way street of course its slim and cars lined up parked, no way to even pull over. i only give them a min or so to come out. hey you know you live on that street get your ass curbside.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
My record is 3 off the same stupid pax. He was in a gated apartment complex. Since his pin was by a street I waited in the street where there was a walk out gate right outside his apt.

After the first cancel I was going to leave if he actually came out before the 5 mins.

After the second I was hoping it would go all night but I got a ping from elsewhere too quick right after the 3rd cancel.

I've had 2 from the same pax several times. I always plan on not actually picking them up the second time unless they call and accept fault (has happened ONCE).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts