Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rider surge manipulation has become prevalent in recent weeks. the rider knows that the surge lasts about 10 min. so they have told me that they wait it out. i expect it to surge when there is high demand (1:45 to 2:20 am). i stay on rider app till it surges. if it surges i go online, if surge ends and i still see people hanging out in front of bars i go offline. rider surge manipulation is unacceptable. at least in my car it is.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
How is waiting for surge to drop manipulation? It's the whole point of surge. Those willing to pay extra do, and those who can wait, wait.

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i too used to think like you until uber called it surge manipulation when drivers decide to wait for the surge.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Uh huh. Except if drivers suddenly logon in a surge zone the surge quickly drops....not saying you aren't possibly right but having a hard time seeing this from your POV.

·
Registered
857 Posts
rider surge manipulation has become prevalent in recent weeks. the rider knows that the surge lasts about 10 min. so they have told me that they wait it out. i expect it to surge when there is high demand (1:45 to 2:20 am). i stay on rider app till it surges. if it surges i go online, if surge ends and i still see people hanging out in front of bars i go offline. rider surge manipulation is unacceptable. at least in my car it is.
isn't it ironic? don't ya think?

you are manipulating the surge too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ok, I hear what yall are saying. How in the world can you have your phone off and know when ube3r is surging. I've been driving for about 1o months and would love to know when surge is on without turning on my phone, i'll, confused
please help me understand.

·
Registered
857 Posts
ok, I hear what yall are saying. How in the world can you have your phone off and know when ube3r is surging. I've been driving for about 1o months and would love to know when surge is on without turning on my phone, i'll, confused
go off line on partner app. log in to passanger app and watch the map.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I do this as well. If I am in surge & no one books then surge drops I log off for @ least 10-15 minutes. If they wanna wait till surge ends they can wait a little longer IMO . If we all did this people would start booking when the surge is on .
I've also seen people book just outside surge then call you & say oh I entered the wrong address im @ this address (surge area). I cancel them & tell them use the right address.

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
isn't it ironic? don't ya think?

you are manipulating the surge too.
yes uber does call it manipulation if you as an "ic" decide that you expect a surge when there is high demand. the benefit of being a ic is to be able to work when you want. if the rider can wait out the surge, i should be able to go offline when surge ends.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Lmfao!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts