Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted you guys to know about something that happened to me a few days ago. Not really sure when it happened but have narrowed it down to one night and one group of guys, out drinking of course. One guy gets in the front seat and wants to take my picture, I turned my head and asked him nicely not to do so, that my photo shows in my profile and he can thus remember who gave him the ride. The other 3 guys get in the back, but not before one of them walks around and knocks on the drivers window to ask me to stop at Taco Bell on the way to pick up food, obviously. Now this is where the misdirection takes place, and I am unsure of all the details, but my auditory memory kicked in when I remembered hearing a piece of paper crumple. The Rider in the front seat must have laid a piece of paper on the dash and taken a picture of it. This piece of paper was a sign requesting TIPS...he then sent the photo to Uber to complain that I was demanding tips, NOT TRUE! The sign was not mine, and I did not see him take the photo, but it appears to be my vehicle, and the metadata on the photo shows it to be during the trip at the pick up location (GPS on this iPhone). Uber deactivated my account and questioned me all about it, but I knew less than a few details about it. They have yet to re-activate my account, but indicate that they will. Now I am thinking that they are going to wait until Monday so that my punitive damages will be the loss of a weekends' fares. If only I could determine for sure who the rider was, he would need a hearse for his next trip. No home address, since I picked up at a bar and took them to a strip club.

It won't happen again! I feel so violated, by the scam and by Uber!

· Premium Member
12,430 Posts
That is really messed up.

My first thought is, they must be reading this site to set you up like that. I could be wrong ?

· Registered
922 Posts
****ing assholes! I am sorry that this happened to you. I wouldn't put it passed a fellow driver trying to eliminate the competition. Things are getting scary out there. Be well my friend, I hope that Uber needs you this afternoon and activates you. Good Luck.

· Registered
528 Posts
People can really suck.
:(
My Monday morning quarterback comment:

Dashcam.

Uber-on
Yeah I posted about getting a dashcam on here some time ago and one guy told me I was paranoid, but I think if you have video proof of what is going on then it should be black and white. Plus u would have video evidence, after this I. Am contemplating on getting one now

· Registered
1,013 Posts
Just wanted you guys to know about something that happened to me a few days ago. Not really sure when it happened but have narrowed it down to one night and one group of guys, out drinking of course. One guy gets in the front seat and wants to take my picture, I turned my head and asked him nicely not to do so, that my photo shows in my profile and he can thus remember who gave him the ride. The other 3 guys get in the back, but not before one of them walks around and knocks on the drivers window to ask me to stop at Taco Bell on the way to pick up food, obviously. Now this is where the misdirection takes place, and I am unsure of all the details, but my auditory memory kicked in when I remembered hearing a piece of paper crumple. The Rider in the front seat must have laid a piece of paper on the dash and taken a picture of it. This piece of paper was a sign requesting TIPS...he then sent the photo to Uber to complain that I was demanding tips, NOT TRUE! The sign was not mine, and I did not see him take the photo, but it appears to be my vehicle, and the metadata on the photo shows it to be during the trip at the pick up location (GPS on this iPhone). Uber deactivated my account and questioned me all about it, but I knew less than a few details about it. They have yet to re-activate my account, but indicate that they will. Now I am thinking that they are going to wait until Monday so that my punitive damages will be the loss of a weekends' fares. If only I could determine for sure who the rider was, he would need a hearse for his next trip. No home address, since I picked up at a bar and took them to a strip club.

It won't happen again! I feel so violated, by the scam and by Uber!
R u freKen kidding me if what u saying is true which I believe it to be dame. But why would pax go that far to get u deactivate make fake sign???? Any idea why??? Woow

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Needing a dash cam with battery power and both front facing and rear facing cameras. Anyone have recommendations? Uber finally re-activated on Saturday afternoon, late, with only a warning not to let it happen again. I ran 13 trips, gave out all 4 stars, and logged a complaint about 9 of the groups, some for additional compensation owed, but Uber just sympathized and indicated that I did the right thing...entering my low point in life and this job...ready to explode...or get even.

· Registered
1,013 Posts
Needing a dash cam with battery power and both front facing and rear facing cameras. Anyone have recommendations? Uber finally re-activated on Saturday afternoon, late, with only a warning not to let it happen again. I ran 13 trips, gave out all 4 stars, and logged a complaint about 9 of the groups, some for additional compensation owed, but Uber just sympathized and indicated that I did the right thing...entering my low point in life and this job...ready to explode...or get even.
Ya u especially should get those cameras go to Amazon ull find great deals order ASAP

· Registered
286 Posts
Get even. You'll feel better.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.