Votes: 11 7.9%
  • My job is to drive, not carry her stuff

Votes: 23 16.5%
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a very self entitled middle aged rider. Picked her up (breaking the law as always) by stopping at a "no parking/no stopping" lane. Lady has bags and bags of her belongings. She tells me I needed to help her pick up the bags. On a normal given day, I probably would've helped but it was 6PM rush hour time and the Lakers Playing at staples center a few blocks down. I CAN'T stop in this lane and I explained this to her. She then starts yelling "You work for me right now. I'm paying you. You need to help me because you're my employee!" I then explain that I don't work for her and she is asking to ride my car. I am sharing my car. She then keeps yelling that I am her employee and she can fire me. Anyone care to guess what happened next? LoLOLL

Anyhow, I say ok. she walks back to her apartment entrance to gather her bags thinking i'm walking behind her. I cancel the ride and drive off. Look in my rearview mirror with her chasing my car and then eating the pavement as she tripped. lol True story. * sigh * oh how I wish I had a rearview dashcam to see it :(

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Picked up a very self entitled middle aged rider. Picked her up (breaking the law as always) by stopping at a "no parking/no stopping" lane. Lady has bags and bags of her belongings. She tells me I needed to help her pick up the bags. On a normal given day, I probably would've helped but it was 6PM rush hour time and the Lakers Playing at staples center a few blocks down. I CAN'T stop in this lane and I explained this to her. She then starts yelling "You work for me right now. I'm paying you. You need to help me because you're my employee!" I then explain that I don't work for her and she is asking to ride my car. I am sharing my car. She then keeps yelling that I am her employee and she can fire me. Anyone care to guess what happened next? LoLOLL

Anyhow, I say ok. she walks back to her apartment entrance to gather her bags thinking i'm walking behind her. I cancel the ride and drive off. Look in my rearview mirror with her chasing my car and then eating the pavement as she tripped. lol True story. * sigh * oh how I wish I had a rearview dashcam to see it :(
LOL!!! Delicious revenge, one of those "5 Star" moments in life. Your story shows just how important it can be to NOT START THE TRIP until you are sure you actually want to take it and to be subjected to the resulting rating and/or whatever hassle that trip would entail.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts

Another great story to go into the "Instant KARMA" thread.

·
Registered
297 Posts

If it makes you feel better, I almost face planted in front of my front facing dash camera (A G1W) I'll post a link later if it will make you feel better :)

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it makes you feel better, I almost face planted in front of my front facing dash camera (A G1W) I'll post a link later if it will make you feel better :)
LoL It probably would. but this experience would've been sweeter if I had her on cam so I could show the world to see.

LOL!!! Delicious revenge, one of those "5 Star" moments in life. Your story shows just how important it can be to NOT START THE TRIP until you are sure you actually want to take it and to be subjected to the resulting rating and/or whatever hassle that trip would entail.
exactly! I probably would've started the trip if not for reading the posts here. great learning experience and help so I wouldn't have to go through the mistakes other drivers has gone through

·
Registered
514 Posts
That is awesome. So many of the horrible pax stories come from drivers in and around Los Angeles. It seems to have the most self-entitled, narcissistic Aholes per capita in the US. NYC tends to get a lot of accusations for this by tourists but I disagree. New Yorkers don't have patients for clueless tourists who lack the consideration or intelligence to move and work at the pace the densely populated city requires.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Yea the next driver could be Jesus and he'd have gotten 1 stars from that psychopath.
Actually, I've come to find that when pax get ditched they are humbled and get a reality check. A couple times now I've picked up a pax that said, "Thanks for getting me, the guy before you cancelled/didn't want to pick me up." Both times they were well behaved (which is a good thing, obviously). It's nice to give entitled pax a reality check. They need to know we won't put up with crappy customers.

·
Banned
919 Posts
That is awesome. So many of the horrible pax stories come from drivers in and around Los Angeles. It seems to have the most self-entitled, narcissistic Aholes per capita in the US. NYC tends to get a lot of accusations for this by tourists but I disagree. New Yorkers don't have patients for clueless tourists who lack the consideration or intelligence to move and work at the pace the densely populated city requires.
Reread his post. She yelled at him that, "This is how it is done in New Yaaawk!" Transplant from NYC.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Don't BS with that shit. You GET fares that warrant that behavior and you also get tipped almost on every fare. We are speaking Uber X here.
I get tipped most often on airport runs where I do get out and load and unload bags. Most other rides don't warrant it and I get tipped less if at all.

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm just an old fashioned cabbie, I help with luggage and grocery bundles.
Part of the job.
Then again, I'm a professional driver.
Do you drive Uber X? Also, would you stop in a strict "NO STOPPING" zone during rush hour and leave your car alone to help with her bags? Lady had at least 4 big black trashbags filled with stuff from what I could see in my car. and what exactly is a "professional" driver? Last I checked, Uber was ride sharing. Not a chauffeur

1 - 20 of 132 Posts