Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up this guy-***** (4.68} on 27th st. I could tell he had an attitude even before he got in car. He didn’t talk to me the whole trip to SFO until near the end where the departures level traffic was backed up he asked me to drop him off at the ARRIVAL level. I said “no, I can’t”.

After I dropped him off, I gave him one star and reported him as rude as a pre-emptive measure. Less than an hour later I get 3 reports for cleanliness, safety, car-quality. Two of those I’ve never ever had before in over 5,000 trips!

I believe these 3 reports and one star (I’m assuming) are retaliatory in nature. I complained to Uber but not much response so far.

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
You did the right thing with the preemptive report.
I had something similar happen when a pax changing his destination 3 times; the last change was more than 30 minutes away. Politely refused as it was towards the end of my day. He checked every report button available in the app. Knowing he was going to report me, I texted a complete report of the sequence of events.
Hours later I get a nastygram from Surinder of customer support.
Replied back and asked him to read my report sent hours earlier.
A single 1* hardly moves the needle, not that ratings really matter that much !

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Not worth it, going to arrivals is the dumbest thing to do lol with people it’s mostly about saying No without saying No .

Instead of saying “no,i cant” you tell him something silly like your car would be impounded or the ticket is 800$

You gotta learn baby talk lmao

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
You did the right thing with the preemptive report.
I had something similar happen when a pax changing his destination 3 times; the last change was more than 30 minutes away. Politely refused as it was towards the end of my day. He checked every report button available in the app. Knowing he was going to report me, I texted a complete report of the sequence of events.
Hours later I get a nastygram from Surinder of customer support.
Replied back and asked him to read my report sent hours earlier.
A single 1* hardly moves the needle, not that ratings really matter that much !
Next time kick them out of your car and set airplane mode, eventually they will have to cancel to request a new ride.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
That’s a good idea. Also on LYFT you can just take them all the way to destination or wherever you decide to cancel. Then later on just email support and tell them you accidentally cancelled (I know it sounds silly, but it works). They have the trip recorded all the way to the point of cancel. They will adjust fare and pax will not have a trip to rate. You can let loose on them a little too at the drop off if they deserve it (at your own discretion of course).

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Not worth it, going to arrivals is the dumbest thing to do lol with people it's mostly about saying No without saying No .

Instead of saying "no,i cant" you tell him something silly like your car would be impounded or the ticket is 800$

You gotta learn baby talk lmao
Or say, "sure, I'll just need you to give me a $1,000 cash deposit up front"

·
Registered
560 Posts
picked up this guy-***** (4.68} on 27th st. I could tell he had an attitude even before he got in car. He didn't talk to me the whole trip to SFO until near the end where the departures level traffic was backed up he asked me to drop him off at the ARRIVAL level. I said "no, I can't".

After I dropped him off, I gave him one star and reported him as rude as a pre-emptive measure. Less than an hour later I get 3 reports for cleanliness, safety, car-quality. Two of those I've never ever had before in over 5,000 trips!

I believe these 3 reports and one star (I'm assuming) are retaliatory in nature. I complained to Uber but not much response so far.
I had a similar situation like this recently. Report the incident and then explain that the rider was rude and unfairly rated you and that you want this bad rating removed from your account. I had an incident like this recently on a pool ride a rider had a unclean, terrible odor and i got rated badly even though this was not my fault. I kept calling them over and over and i asked them to remove it from my account , my rating went back up in a week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts