Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
64,534 Posts
Okay, I am a new Uber driver. A rider puked and peed in my car. How do I report this to Uber?
Take pictures of everything.
From every angle.
Then take a few more.
Always hide some,because Uber will want more photos,hoping you cleaned up and can't provide them.

Remember there is date,time,location code on pictures.

Even easier to see if you store on memory card.

·
26,239 Posts
If you work late at night you should always pull up to gin mills with your doors locked. If you pull up to a house and it is obvious that there is a party there, you should make sure that your doors are locked. You can not always tell the Ralphers, but there are a few hints:

1. If someone is bringing the passenger to you and looks like he is going to pour him into your car, pull off and cancel.

2. If the passenger looks excessively wobbly, pull off and cancel.

3. Sometimes, the passenger will even look sick. Pull off and cancel.

4. If he looks like he is sleeping on his feet, pull off and cancel.

5. If they bring the passenger to you, and one guy says, "I'm the one who ordered you, but I want you to take my friend home", tell him that you are sorry, you are not interested, pull off and cancel.

Even if he does not Ralph or urinate, he could pass out and you will not be able to get him up and out of your car. People have looked at cabs as a convenient way to dump their problems for years. Now they do it to Uber. If the people are that blitzed, csll someone who is trained to deal with people that drunk. Most cab drivers, limousine drivers and TNC drivers arwe not trained to deal with people who are that drunk. Some will try to tell you that they do not want the drunk to "have any problems". They do not seem to care if YOU have problems, though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, @another-uber-driver.15973. That's very useful.

I was able to find the proper area to report the problem. I completed the report, and provided pictures.

Uber has charged the rider a $150 cleaning fee.

I'm very pleased at the prompt response from Uber.

Unfortunately, (1) today will involve cleaning the car, and (2) tomorrow will involve letting the interior dry.

I'm still very new to this so my reference will undoubtedly change, but yesterday before I picked up that rider, I had made approximately $175.

I suspect that Friday and Saturday are days busier than regular week days, so I see my poor decision as costing me quite a bit of money.

This is a hard lesson, but I am glad that I learned it this early in the routine.

I suppose there is nothing like getting initiated into something before you are ready for it....

Anyhow, thanks. Your reply was very useful. Excellent words of wisdom for us new drivers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
at first $150 sound like a lot, but remember...

1) you're done for the night
2) you maybe out 1-2 days until you can have it cleaned
3) you may be out $200-$500 in lost wages for being forced off the road
4) puke can get into all those crevices and i feel sorry for those with cloth seats (big sponge)
5) then you have to clean it or pay someone to have it cleaned.
6) you can easily spend $30-$50 in cleaning supplies, etc.
7) you have to take quite a few pictures, document everything

·
Registered
480 Posts
Pulled up to a bar at closing one night
The guy is trying to convince this big Hefer to
Get in my car. Then she starts puking outside all over the place then starts heading to my car
IMMediatly I cancel RIDE
And wave goodbye
NO WAY HELL NO

·
Registered
63 Posts
Take pictures of everything.
From every angle.
Then take a few more.
Always hide some,because Uber will want more photos,hoping you cleaned up and can't provide them.

Remember there is date,time,location code on pictures.

Even easier to see if you store on memory card.
I'm pissed off at uber

People left pizza all over the floor and spilled water bottle.

Took pictures sent a report to uber they emailed me back in 48 hours saying hey we are sorry but can u take more pics before we help u out??? I was like wtf it's been 48 hours I cleaned up already is 3 pictures not enough to see ????

**** uber

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
If you work late at night you should always pull up to gin mills with your doors locked. If you pull up to a house and it is obvious that there is a party there, you should make sure that your doors are locked. You can not always tell the Ralphers, but there are a few hints:

1. If someone is bringing the passenger to you and looks like he is going to pour him into your car, pull off and cancel.

2. If the passenger looks excessively wobbly, pull off and cancel.

3. Sometimes, the passenger will even look sick. Pull off and cancel.

4. If he looks like he is sleeping on his feet, pull off and cancel.

5. If they bring the passenger to you, and one guy says, "I'm the one who ordered you, but I want you to take my friend home", tell him that you are sorry, you are not interested, pull off and cancel.

Even if he does not Ralph or urinate, he could pass out and you will not be able to get him up and out of your car. People have looked at cabs as a convenient way to dump their problems for years. Now they do it to Uber. If the people are that blitzed, csll someone who is trained to deal with people that drunk. Most cab drivers, limousine drivers and TNC drivers arwe not trained to deal with people who are that drunk. Some will try to tell you that they do not want the drunk to "have any problems". They do not seem to care if YOU have problems, though.
excellent advice, i always follow this

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
You need to remove the seat and flush it out with water. Suction won't get it out and the smell will come back. Forget enzymes and cleaners. Flush it out, disinfect, then flush a second time. Use dry towels pushed into the fabric to absorb water then finish drying in the sun.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Poop is easier than puke/pee. BTW.. Did you give this passenger 1-star, so you won't be matched again?
I hope to never experience the #2 issue... I did give the rider paying for the trip a 2-star, and still feel bad about it. There were three passengers. The two sober ones were very nice. The one drunk was so much so that she couldn't keep her head up (until it was time to throw up). I'm not angry at the situation because I was young like them once, too... back in my day, we had "power-puking" contests to see who would hurl the furthest (found about about that from the ones who remained sober enough to tell us the stories from the previous night).

I have requested a non-match with the paying customer, but that doesn't mean one of her friends won't get me in the future.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts