Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Why would he tell them? They're both pro poo. And now they're going to manipulate most drivers to accepting it since at least you'll get your cancel fee on poo.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Maybe you were late for ETA, so you didn't get the cancellation fee. It happened to me before, after several emails, I finally got my money back.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Anybody know if the no-show fee is still in place in the rest of the GTA? The Agreement where this is detailed is for Toronto.

·
Registered
881 Posts
You drive 5 minutes to a pax. You text, you call....they don't come. 5 minutes later yout cancel as no show...
Guess what....you just wasted 10 minutes for nothing.
FACEPALM to those 5* drivers who wait 5 mins, text and hope their masters show up for the ride/hope to cash on that NO SHOW FEE!
My Policy is Max 1-2 mins, and I do not give rides to anyone who does not respect or value my time.
Remember, I'd rather be at home having a radler and my Playstation is gathering dust these days....

·
Registered
36 Posts
That sucks for driver. Now uber is legal in toronto they dont care to play dirty games with driver and riders. We need union so that uber doesn't exploit drivers. Since they dont have competition in the market they can play as they want

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Every driver needs to stay doing this. Go to the point, wait no more than 2 minutes and cancel.

If everybody start doing this then you'll find the pax waiting before you arrive.

Unfortunately most drivers won't do this because they are ****ing scared that Master Uber will deactivate them.

Therefore, Uber wins and TK's ego and narcissism increase.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ok so if you read it says no where in the agreement that the fee is gone and I charged someone a cancellation fee tonight. There is enough wrong with UBER to be mad at them about it without resorting to making shit up guys cmon it just undermines everything we say if we just start lying about them.

4.5 Cancellation Charges. You acknowledge and agree that Users may elect to cancel requests for Transportation Services that have been accepted by you via the Driver App at any time prior to your arrival. In the event that a User cancels an accepted request for Transportation Services, Company may charge the User a cancellation fee on your behalf. If charged, this cancellation fee shall be deemed the Fare for the cancelled Transportation Services for the purpose of remittance to you hereunder (“Cancellation Fee”). The parties acknowledge and agree that as between you and Company, this Cancellation Fee is a recommended amount, and the primary purpose of such Cancellation Fee is to act as the default amount in the event you do not negotiate a different amount. You shall always have the right to: (i) charge a cancellation fee that is less than the Cancellation Fee; or (ii) negotiate, at your request, a cancellation fee that is lower than the Cancellation Fee (each of (i) and (ii) herein, a “Negotiated Cancellation Fee”). If charged, the Cancellation Fee (regardless of any Negotiated Cancellation Fee) shall be deemed the Fare for the cancelled Transportation Services for the purpose of remittance to you hereunder.

·
Premium Member
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Ok so if you read it says no where in the agreement that the fee is gone and I charged someone a cancellation fee tonight. There is enough wrong with UBER to be mad at them about it without resorting to making shit up guys cmon it just undermines everything we say if we just start lying about them.

4.5 Cancellation Charges. You acknowledge and agree that Users may elect to cancel requests for Transportation Services that have been accepted by you via the Driver App at any time prior to your arrival. In the event that a User cancels an accepted request for Transportation Services, Company may charge the User a cancellation fee on your behalf. If charged, this cancellation fee shall be deemed the Fare for the cancelled Transportation Services for the purpose of remittance to you hereunder ("Cancellation Fee"). The parties acknowledge and agree that as between you and Company, this Cancellation Fee is a recommended amount, and the primary purpose of such Cancellation Fee is to act as the default amount in the event you do not negotiate a different amount. You shall always have the right to: (i) charge a cancellation fee that is less than the Cancellation Fee; or (ii) negotiate, at your request, a cancellation fee that is lower than the Cancellation Fee (each of (i) and (ii) herein, a "Negotiated Cancellation Fee"). If charged, the Cancellation Fee (regardless of any Negotiated Cancellation Fee) shall be deemed the Fare for the cancelled Transportation Services for the purpose of remittance to you hereunder.
Please confirm.

You are an x driver.
You were in Toronto, not burlington.
You went to a clients pick up location, waited 5 min and then ended the trip as rider no show.
You were paid a cancellation fèe?

Please provide a screenprint.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Please confirm.

You are an x driver.
You were in Toronto, not burlington.
You went to a clients pick up location, waited 5 min and then ended the trip as rider no show.
You were paid a cancellation fèe?

Please provide a screenprint.

Thanks
I just read in another thread that this guy is working Hamilton. Like most 905ers, he has no idea what's going on in the Six.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Interesting Khitam, maybe it's for X only? If so this no show cancellation fee removal sucks balls.
We ALL need to email support and tell them of our displeasure. I've already done it.
Obviously the Mothership does whatever it wants to but if we all band together, there is strength in numbers. Uber has made changes in the past because of driver complaints (can't remember one but I know it has happened), maybe they'll do it again. Why are you still reading this? Email support now!!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts