Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else notice they aren't charging the riders anymore? This is my second no reply via call or text, and they make me wait longer than 10 mins.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the two times where I hit no show, and it charged 0. If that's the case, then why bother showing up? One of these trips was 10 miles from my house.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Must be a glitch. Got to send email from the app immediately.
This is my last one.

XXXX (Uber)

Aug 3, 11:29

Hi OrlUberOffDriver,

Sorry about the trouble with the pickup.

I've adjusted the fare to include a $5 cancellation fee. Hope this compensates for the time and effort spent.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Eric
help.uber.com

Uber Support (Uber)

Aug 3, 11:14

Report a serious rider concern:

If you had a serious issue or altercation with a rider that affected your ability to complete the trip, please share details of the incident below.

Incident Details: rider cancel fee is not applied. please credit fee to my account.

Uber Support
help.uber.com

·
Registered
553 Posts
I had two in one day a while back that I didn't get paid for where the rider cancelled. I had to manually cancel one when a rider didn't show last week and I got paid.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
make sure you contact pax just before cancel/no-show.
this will show that you tried to find them.
happened to me as well.
they removed arrived button in our market.
I arrive and send my custom text message similar to 'your ride is here, waiting, please move your ass!'
this also marks the beginning of my 5 minutes.
I watch 5 minutes and if no contact, no show, I cancel. I then go back and see if there is a $5.00 there. if not, I send email and get my $5.00.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
happened to me as well.
I arrive and send my custom text message similar to 'your ride is here, waiting, please move your ass!'
I watch 5 minutes and if no contact, no show, I cancel. I then go back and see if there is a $5.00 there. if not, I send email and get my $5.00.
I always text and call.. It's a must! Especially if I just drove 10'miles to get them.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Thanks! I will submit! Thought maybe with decrease in charges they were taking those away too. :eek:
Uber robs Peter to Pay Paul.
You can never trust neither turn your back on them.
Even fares are miscalculated to favor pax. there is an app designed to catch the miscalculated trips. it was a sponsored thread here a couple days ago. Only available in a few markets though. Tolls, fares are miscalculated as well. Each time you pass through a toll, take a note and see if toll has been applied properly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Uber robs Peter to Pay Paul.
You can never trust neither turn your back on them.
Even fares are miscalculated to favor pax. there is an app designed to catch the miscalculated trips. it was a sponsored thread here a couple days ago. Only available in a few markets though. Tolls, fares are miscalculated as well. Each time you pass through a toll, take a note and see if toll has been applied properly.
Excellent advice! Thank you. I will do just that!

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
I've had UBER tell me it was a one minute cancellation no show when in fact it was 7 minutes...like I don't know the what 60 seconds is.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Exactly. I wasted my gas and time to have him not reply to anything. There should be a rule that if you are calling an uber from an apartment, you are required to enter the building number.

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
happened to me as well.
Try this. I am for sure that it works since I just tried yesterday.
On your way to pick up, slide pax name up, it will reveal "confirm arrival" at this point I believe it overrides the auto-arrive.
I will try again today to confirm my suspicion.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On your way to pick up, slide pax name up, it will reveal "confirm arrival" at this point I believe it overrides the auto-arrive.
I haven't noticed auto arrive on mine yet... I have had to manually slide it.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Thanks, I will try it.
since Uber never tells us what they have changed in the software and how to use it, thanks to UberPeople.NET we advance our knowledge on many things Uber should have been doing.

·
Registered
517 Posts
anyone else notice they aren't charging the riders anymore? This is my second no reply via call or text, and they make me wait longer than 10 mins.
To get NO SHOW Money $5.00 Follow these steps:

1. Hit Arrive when you get to the address (Address that's on the app)

2. Wait about 2-3 mins then call pak

3. Wait another 3 mins (Total of 6 mins) Hit Cancel NO SHOW you will get your $5.00 guarantee

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm tempted to get a little more aggressive with hitting the no show button. I will still be fair to my passengers but my wait time has become ridiculous!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts