Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, at around 1 AM, I was parked outside a well known bar in Costa Mesa on Newport Blvd waiting for my rider.
Rider found me and requested I wait for a couple of minutes for her to get two of her friends.
While I am waiting, another female gets into the back seat (I had unlocked the doors when my rider had first walked up to the car) and asks me to drive off immediately as she alleged that her male partner/boyfriend/whatever had punched her twice. I did even notice a little blood by her lip.
I told her I could not help as I was waiting for a rider. She looked really upset and said she could see the guy was on the sidewalk looking for her.
I figured she did need to avoid the guy so I drove a couple of hundred yards onto Broadway and stopped the car, called CMPD and let them handle the situation.
Best of all, it was all over in a few minutes and my rider who I was waiting for did not even notice! They figured I had parked at a different spot and we continued with the trip.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Last night, at around 1 AM, I was parked outside a well known bar in Costa Mesa on Newport Blvd waiting for my rider.
Rider found me and requested I wait for a couple of minutes for her to get two of her friends.
While I am waiting, another female gets into the back seat (I had unlocked the doors when my rider had first walked up to the car) and asks me to drive off immediately as she alleged that her male partner/boyfriend/whatever had punched her twice. I did even notice a little blood by her lip.
I told her I could not help as I was waiting for a rider. She looked really upset and said she could see the guy was on the sidewalk looking for her.
I figured she did need to avoid the guy so I drove a couple of hundred yards onto Broadway and stopped the car, called CMPD and let them handle the situation.
Best of all, it was all over in a few minutes and my rider who I was waiting for did not even notice! They figured I had parked at a different spot and we continued with the trip.
I'd like to buy you a round.

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
Good job.

·
Premium Member
23,330 Posts
...around 1 AM...well known bar in Costa Mesa...unlocked the doors

:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
You mean the same entitled, backseat driving, aux cord requesting, non tipping riders needed urgent help from a lowly Uber driver? I will pass, I don't get paid enough for this shit.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
The one time I took 5 pax was at the Goat. Some loudmouth girl was getting her "man" about into a fight. They piled into the car and I took off. Also the place I about got into a fight with a cabbie. I was in the "taxi" spot in the back, only there was not "taxi only" sign. He got the bouncer who asked me to move, just avoid causing a disturbance. My pax came about the same time.This was back in early 2015. I posted about the incident on this forum. Within about 15 minutes of me posting, the Marketing Director at the Goat told me there was no taxi only parking, and Uber was welcome there. He was going inform his bouncers, and told me to contact him if there were any further issues. Props to the management there.

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Why just why? Best thing you can do is be a witness and call the cops. You going to risk getting into a fight? Stabbed? Shot? She is blowing him now as we speak and giving him a cowgirl ride.

Not your problem...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Why just why? Best thing you can do is be a witness and call the cops. You going to risk getting into a fight? Stabbed? Shot? She is blowing him now as we speak and giving him a cowgirl ride.

Not your problem...
Seriously? What if it was your daughter, sister, best friend, etc. in that situation? You're not seeing her get punched on the sidewalk and stepping in to help her out...she's in your freaking car begging for help to escape. How would you feel about the driver if he had kicked her out so the partner/boyfriend/husband could take her somewhere to finish in private what he was bold enough to start in public? Go with your gut in those situations. Props to the op for helping her out, regardless of what happens the next day.

·
Banned
811 Posts
Seriously? What if it was your daughter, sister, best friend, etc. in that situation? You're not seeing her get punched on the sidewalk and stepping in to help her out...she's in your freaking car begging for help to escape. How would you feel about the driver if he had kicked her out so the partner/boyfriend/husband could take her somewhere to finish in private what he was bold enough to start in public? Go with your gut in those situations. Props to the op for helping her out, regardless of what happens the next day.
I WOULD HAVE MADE HER GET OUT

WHAT IF THE JEALOUS ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND SEES HER IN YOUR CAR AND THINKS SHE IS CHEATING ON HIM?

YOU WILL BE THEN SUBJECT TO SOME ABUSE

HE JUST MAY FIRE SOME SHOTS AT YOU

AT THE END OF THE DAY I COULD CARE LESS WHETHER SHE GETS BEATEN TO DEATH AS LONG AS I DONT GET HURT FROM GETTING INVOLVED

DO YOU THINK LITTLE PRINCESS CARES ABOUT YOU?

YOU GET IN A WRECK AND THE CAR IS ON FIRE AND YOU COULD SCREAM HELP ALL DAY LONG AND SHE WOULDNT DIRTY HER HANDS TO SAVE YOU

SHE WOULD JUST TAKE OFF RUNNING

YOU MEAN NOTHING TO HER

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.