Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The app for the last few days has shown my top reported issues as 'cleanliness'. Yet when I seek details the app advises under feedback that I have 'no reported issues'.

I have emailed Uber Partner Support and asked them to explain this apparent contradiction and either provide some explanation of my apparent lack of cleanliness or remove the reference to cleanliness.

The reference to cleanliness has taken me by surprise and caused me concern as I pride myself on the cleanliness of my car inside and out and on my personal cleanliness.

My current rating is 4.87.

Has anyone else experienced similar or can you explain what is going on?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Wow, that sux, although is not entirely unexpected. How many rides have you done?
If you havent done many, then it might have just been one rider leaving a report,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got the same downgrade for cleanliness, which is suprising as I clean the interior of my car every day. However, this may be related to the riders trashing my car, so by the end of the day, the rear seat and floor are a little dirty.

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, that sux, although is not entirely unexpected. How many rides have you done?
If you havent done many, then it might have just been one rider leaving a report,
Thanks, prk. I read your comment the way you had intended. :)

I've done 1,134 rides.

I suspect you're right that a rider marked me down on the grounds of cleanliness. It surprises me that I'm advised the top reported issue is cleanliness only then to be advised there are 'no reported issues' when I use the app to find more information.

Oh well, it's not the end of the world. It will spur me to be even more meticulous about having a clean car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks, prk. I read your comment the way you had intended. :)

I've done 1,134 rides.

I suspect you're right that a rider marked me down on the grounds of cleanliness. It surprises me that I'm advised the top reported issue is cleanliness only then to be advised there are 'no reported issues' when I use the app to find more information.

Oh well, it's not the end of the world. It will spur me to be even more meticulous about having a clean car.
Got exactly same thing - top issue cleanliness but no reported issue. Maybe a glitch. I'm not worried about it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
My top issue is cleanliness as well & similarly I reached out to uber to enquire... After finally getting a human to answer my emails two reports were:

Car smelled of McDonalds - true I've had a few Macca's runs & now I use 4WD80 to treat that (4 windows down @ 80 k's)

The other pissed me off... 4 young guys got in, 1 had REALLY bad foot odour & one of the 4 said phew whats that smell, to which I replied 'one of you has a bad foot odour problem' --- the prick reported it as cleanliness :confused:

Now I carry a can of air freshener in my door & give a tiny squirt every time it goes PING.... :cool:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Our cars can get cluttered with water bottles, sweet barrels, tissue boxes, tourist info, etc which could appear as a cleanliness issue to some one with a cleanliness fetish
I try to have absolutely nothing in my car. i barely even vacuum. Just seems to stay neat. I wouldn't say clean just neat.

Don't think I've ever had an issue with cleanliness just a mistimed trip

·
Registered
11 Posts
The app for the last few days has shown my top reported issues as 'cleanliness'. Yet when I seek details the app advises under feedback that I have 'no reported issues'.

I have emailed Uber Partner Support and asked them to explain this apparent contradiction and either provide some explanation of my apparent lack of cleanliness or remove the reference to cleanliness.

The reference to cleanliness has taken me by surprise and caused me concern as I pride myself on the cleanliness of my car inside and out and on my personal cleanliness.

My current rating is 4.87.

Has anyone else experienced similar or can you explain what is going on?
LIL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any recommended (cheap $) car Air freshner?

I had the similar issue as I vacummed my car in the evening and went out. after couple of rides, the 3rd rider saw some leaf on the passenger site (rear) which came via someones boot, obviously not mine!! I believe she 'marked' me on cleaning!! What do they expect? Vacume after each ride!! Jeez!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got a 3* rating and an adverse report for cleanliness on a day when it had rained, and the rain was the kind that brings a little dust with it, so there were a few spots on my car - at least I assume that's why, because the inside was immaculate.

That report still remains the only one of my rated rides not to garner a 5* rating.

Funnily enough, that very day two different pax complimented me on how clean the car was.

Some people are just strange.

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Green Liquid Food Tin Drink
Any recommended (cheap $) car Air freshner? !
PeopleMover, I recommend a couple of squirts of Dettol Glen 20 whenever you need to neutralise a bad odour such as the smell of cigarette smoke when a passenger has been smoking just before getting in the car or a passenger had bad body odour. Driving with the windows open then usefully complements the couple of squirts.

I find this spray does neutralise the odours without having a strong scent of its own. The price is also reasonable given that you need to use it occasionally.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The Uber info suggests that cleanliness could be the car or personal hygiene. I had 1 cleanliness report and mentally filed it as useless information given it could be anything from a stray leaf to body odour. I just keep it all in order. 1 report in 2200 rides I put down to signal noise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.