Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I just started driving last weekend and have 60 trips in. So far it's ok! Are there any plans in the future to put restrictions on how many riders can ride on one fare? I think with the fare being "extremely" low already - there should be a restriction on how many riders can ride on one fare. I know one of the requirements to be a driver is to have a 4 passenger vehicle, however, I drive an Infini m45 which is a mid-size vehicle that doesn't seat 4 riders comfortably. any feedback is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
They allow up to four as you know but I agree that I think three would be better. Sometimes if the passengers are fairly big and there are four of them it definitely overloads my Corolla and puts a lot of stress on the brakes and suspension. Less than 5% of the rides I get are four passengers so it would not be any significant loss not to have them and I feel my vehicle would last longer with less repairs.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
You can not take more people than you have seatbelts. Period. I used to be ok with 5 people until somebody got arrested here in San Diego for transporting 8 people on Uber. I recently started showing customers
1. How to cancel my ride
2. How to order XL and get price quote
When they see price quote which is usually only 25% more , they thank me

In regards of Max. 3 people - forget it. I had four gay guys today going to a gay club. There is no way they would be ok with 3 person restriction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can not take more people than you have seatbelts. Period. I used to be ok with 5 people until somebody got arrested here in San Diego for transporting 8 people on Uber. I recently started showing customers
1. How to cancel my ride
2. How to order XL and get price quote
When they see price quote which is usually only 25% more , they thank me

In regards of Max. 3 people - forget it. I had four gay guys today going to a gay club. There is no way they would be ok with 3 person restriction.
Ok, that make good sense! but do the center rear seat belt comfortably fit an adult or should it be for infants and baby car seats - in my case the center rear seat belt for my year/model car supports infants and baby car seats comfortably as shown in my owners manual.

·
Registered
398 Posts
You are correct, I think 3 is generally what most people ride with or 2... Most cars fitting 3 people in that back seat does make it crowded. I think XL should be 4+ people to have that extra room. Especially the added weight and wear and tear.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I laugh when I see four pax get into my pathetic gutless little versa. The middle seat in the back has a seatbelt (which i insist they buckle) is maybe 10 inches wide. I usually tell them someone will have to get out and push when we get to a hill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts