Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got 3 in one month. Double check your fairs. Pax are getting around the Uber system and you by shorting you. And they don't tip.

You need to check every drop off and report it immediately. You have 48 hours to adjust trip....so they say.

Also, picking up more than one passenger during trip, ask them if it's a split fair. Dropped off account holder but he forgot to mention his friend needs to drop off. Account holder cancelled before I got to final destination.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
On Lyft it notifies you immediately if the ride is canceled. Not sure how it works on Uber. If a pax cancels a ride midway through I immediately pull over and refuse to drive a moment more.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Always a good idea to check everything with Uber. I only had one mid-trip cancellation while I was driving and I did well over 1,000 trips. I immediately exited the freeway and put the pax out in a parking lot. They were shocked and pissed. I told them that the insurance cancelled the moment they did and I wouldn't drive with no insurance. They wanted to start a new trip but I refused. I was pissed as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I recently had a situation where I dropped off a pax then 2 days later I had the fare amount removed from my earnings and offcourse I wasn't notified until I was reviewing (make sure to review your earnings even days after the fare and on the pay statement on wednesdays). Uber's response, "the account holder stated that they didn't take this trip." Me: So who the **** did I pick up and drive 15 miles? Their response: still waiting......

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I recently had a situation where I dropped off a pax then 2 days later I had the fare amount removed from my earnings and offcourse I wasn't notified until I was reviewing (make sure to review your earnings even days after the fare and on the pay statement on wednesdays). Uber's response, "the account holder stated that they didn't take this trip." Me: So who the &%[email protected]!* did I pick up and drive 15 miles? Their response: still waiting......
I'm feeling the pain over here my friend! That's some bs! How do they expect us to respond to that??

Since we are ourselves are independent contractors (their words) the only options is to screen capture the ride and all documentations (emails) and take them to court. It's stealing and someone needs to pay up !!

·
Premium Member
14,303 Posts
I've got 3 in one month. Double check your fairs. Pax are getting around the Uber system and you by shorting you. And they don't tip.

You need to check every drop off and report it immediately. You have 48 hours to adjust trip....so they say.

Also, picking up more than one passenger during trip, ask them if it's a split fair. Dropped off account holder but he forgot to mention his friend needs to drop off. Account holder cancelled before I got to final destination. I had Uber adjust fair.
Good. The pax is getting more scandalous.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts