Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed my insurance to Allianz, and they have an option called Ride Share Use, which covers Uber driving.
The only restriction they have is that they only cover UberX not UberBlack.
They confirmed that there are no restrictions on mileage or hours. I have attached an screenshot of the chat with their agent for anyone who's interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
860 annual ( 78 monthly). Agreed value 18500/ NCB rating 1.

Didn't increase the price when switched between Private and Ride share.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I'm with SGIO (not that it matters now) but I've heard it's for limited Uber use.... I didn't check it out properly..... (preferring the bury your head in the sand philosophy)
It was bloody cheap though.... $295 per annum for my 09 falcoon with online purchase.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm with SGIO (not that it matters now) but I've heard it's for limited Uber use.... I didn't check it out properly..... (preferring the bury your head in the sand philosophy)
It was bloody cheap though.... $295 per annum for my 09 falcoon with online purchase.
HI Piggy,
Is that for a comprehensive cover?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Amazingly... It is. Couldn't believe it. It is for 5 to 10.000 kms per year... Don't know if that makes a difference, won't be racking up any kms for the next 3 months...
It does make a little difference, but yours is unbelievably cheap:eek:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
It does make a little difference, but yours is unbelievably cheap:eek:
If I was home I'd copy and post. I know they were advertising $100 off if you buy online but even with that its cheap. My previous 3rd party only with budget direct was 200$.

·
Banned
1,454 Posts
Amazingly... It is. Couldn't believe it. It is for 5 to 10.000 kms per year... Don't know if that makes a difference, won't be racking up any kms for the next 3 months...
Im with SGIO , I told them the vehicle was 100% ride sharing usage. Comprehensive cover , no km or time limits, $500 excess, windscreen and hire car options, the cost is $540 per annum but this does include a 60% no claims bonus and a 5% loyalty bonus. I'm happy with that.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
I must tell Jo Blow's Airport transfers and BJ's Limos to switch to rideshare insurance :)

Simply sharing their vehicles through prebooked transfers for a monetary return, I see no difference!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im with SGIO , I told them the vehicle was 100% ride sharing usage. Comprehensive cover , no km or time limits, $500 excess, windscreen and hire car options, the cost is $540 per annum but this does include a 60% no claims bonus and a 5% loyalty bonus. I'm happy with that.
Yep, just switched from RAC to SGIO on similar conditions to yours. Seems reasonable to me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep, just switched from RAC to SGIO on similar conditions to yours. Seems reasonable to me.
How much have guys insured ur cars for?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For the car, an agreed value $13,500, comprehensive

and $20 million liability cover for damage caused to someone else's vehicle or property by your vehicle
Figured out some of the factors driving the premium up.
An SUV costs more than a car of similar value, and even having the car under finance adds about $100 :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts