Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pulled up at Ride Services C sign and there is a big group of riders waiting. My female passanger doesn't approach so I get out and call her name. A 20 something guy is looking around, and when my real rider does not respond, he walks over and says its him. Says the female name is his last name. He wanted his small roller case in the back seat with him, I say cases with wheels go in the trunk because the mark the seats up.

I start ride and, its going to Belaire, and I figure he must be a rapper or the fresh prince or something. I drive away from C, and now he says he needs to change the address to Westchester. I tell him, go ahead and change it before we get out of the airport. He can't, of course because its not his ride. I pull over at the "E" sign, get out open the trunk and his door and put his roller case on the sidewalk.

He looks shocked, and starts rambling about how he drives a Mercedes and was going to give me a big tip.

Scumbag is standing there with his phone in his pocket, and "Bang" the real rider cancels the ride.

I guess he thought he would get to Westchester before she cancelled.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Are you kidding me??????

Shoulda pulled over at 7 and handed him to that huge fat pig at the end who's always so concerned about us.

Cuz getting police to notice you at LAX, sooooo not a problem.

Make piggy work at his chosen profession for a living for a change, and get paxhole charged with fraud while at it.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Are you kidding me??????

Shoulda pulled over at 7 and handed him to that huge fat pig at the end who's always so concerned about us.

Cuz getting police to notice you at LAX, sooooo not a problem.

Make piggy work at his chosen profession for a living for a change, and get paxhole charged with fraud while at it.
Its theft of services, I would have told him get out and drove off with his luggage, good luck tracking me paxhole

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Its theft of services, I would have told him get out and drove off with his luggage, good luck tracking me paxhole
Now THAT would be theft of property though...

The real way is to kick him out with trunk CLOSED, right in front of a cop.

Then watch him incriminate himself.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Pulled up at Ride Services C sign and there is a big group of riders waiting. My female passanger doesn't approach so I get out and call her name. A 20 something guy is looking around, and when my real rider does not respond, he walks over and says its him. Says the female name is his last name. He wanted his small roller case in the back seat with him, I say cases with wheels go in the trunk because the mark the seats up.

I start ride l, its going to Belaire, and I figure he must be a rapper or the fresh price or something. I drive away from C, and now he says he needs to change the address to Westchester. I tell him, go ahead and change it before we get out of the airport. He can't of course. I pull over at the "E" sign, get out open the trunk and his door and put his roller case on the sidewalk.

He looks shocked, and starts rambling about how he drives a Mercedes and was going to give me a big tip.

Scumbag is standing there with his phone in his pocket, and "Bang" the real rider cancels the ride.

Every time I have the feeling that I may be getting the wrong person since sometimes they get in the car and see the name of my passenger in my phone, I ask them, " what is your driver's name" that does the trick ;)

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Legroom was so cavernous he couldn't quite reach the (presumed) patron's feet
You see? This is a good post. Witty, English. Good job abieu. More of these please

Every time I have the feeling that I may be getting the wrong person since sometimes they get in the car and see the name of my passenger in my phone, I ask them, " what is your driver's name" that does the trick ;)
You can ask them any of the info to verify. Destination address is what I usually do because I always find it odd to ask their name when I already have it.

Me: hi, are you pax

Pax: yeah, UberIdiot. Now drive me for pennies

Me: and let's see, where are we headed today?

Pax: to your mom's house. Now go before I put my foot in your throat.

This is a typical friendly UberEncounter.

·
Banned
5,897 Posts
You see? This is a good post. Witty, English. Good job abieu. More of these please

You can ask them any of the info to verify. Destination address is what I usually do because I always find it odd to ask their name when I already have it.

Getting a compliment from the duck is quite honor.

What are you saying dude? My mother is an honorable woman!
Yes. I always admired mother goose!

·
Registered
720 Posts

I start ride and, its going to Belaire, and I figure he must be a rapper or the fresh prince or something. I drive away from C, and now he says he needs to change the address to Westchester. I tell him, go ahead and change it before we get out of the airport. He can't, of course because its not his ride. I pull over at the "E" sign, get out open the trunk and his door and put his roller case on the sidewalk.

wow - just - wow

seems like they all are out to scam us here and there

drove early this morning, get a Lyft 100%, take it, then ride gets switched, now its poo
shoot me now, guy is on a shortie
sits in back goes ahhhh
me: whats wrong
he: have to go to Reseda
me: can't change it, you are on poo
he: it will readjust
me: no, was scammed when I first started, doesn't readjust, sorry, gotta drop you - have to reorder new address
he: ok, hope I get you

so we get there, he doesn't get out, takes forever - guess what, he got me again
but at least the scheme didn't work

hate the nerve of these pax that try to scam us - some think they scam uber or lyft but I am sure most don't care if they scam you me or whoever

best are the ones on surge who tip in person ( and if on Lyft tip again later in app) - more of that please

and for those who try to scam you at LAX - have them show you the phone and it will show you in the app, problem solved

luggage has to go in back, bad enough they drag their dirty feet all over the car

lets have a great St Patrick's weekend - no pukers, no scammers and lots of surge

·
Banned
3,985 Posts

You should of ask him to see his phone first. People are scammers

·
Registered
7,084 Posts

See , who is it that said Tedgey never posts any help?

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
I ALWAYS have them confirm their name, even if they're coming out of the only house for a quarter mile. I just say 'your name is...' and let them finish it. Uncomfortable silence. This is a trick in my #1 bestseller 'The Art of The Deal'

Not to be a Van Patten but you deserved that. Getting out and saying the pax name? And you're surprised that someone tried to scam you?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Have to agree.
Shouting out a pax name at the airport is not the thing to do.
Requires extra screening if you cant get them by calling or texting.

·
Premium Member
23,297 Posts
I never pick up from LAX unless the passenger answers their phone. That alone weeds out many issues.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts