Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Given the MPG that thing gets, I wouldn't do it. I get 14.4 with my Frontier, and there are people in fullsize pickups and SUV's that get the same as me or worse, that H3 is at best 12 mpg doing this.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I bet he gets around 15 on 85 . I get 20 on 91 with the car I first started Lyft with (BMW 335xi) and before I did Lyft I was getting around 16mpg only putting about 700 miles on my car a month . With the average difference of about 50cents means he's only spend about $8-10 more then I was per 1000 miles then I was. Granted that is why I bought a different car to do Lyft/Uber full time and over 4k miles a month . But you get the idea , I was netting around $20 an hour with my BMW and that's before I started doing Uber Select
I was spending around $120 a week in gas and getting around $1000 each week from Lyft doing 40hrs a week so after I factor in extra depreciation I feel like before taxes I was netting $800 which is right at $20 an hour that's pretty good for a job that is by far the least stressful and easiest I've ever done in my life

I do agree I see guys in SUVs and Full Size Pickups doing Lyft or Uber and think they're crazy . But I personally know a guy who does Lyft only in a 2008 Escalade a couple nights a week for extra cash and I asked him about fuel once and his response was that he does spend more money on gas but he thinks he makes up for it in Tips and he does it for fun and a little extra cash so it doesn't matter .

Not everyone does this to net the most money they possibly can some do it for a little extra cash, stories and to possibly make money instead of spend money

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.