21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Not sure if I would want neighbors who have people coming and going constantly though.
Beats having similar traffic patterns for illicit drug transactions. Way lower odds of a drive-by or garden variety shooting.

So how was the tip?
Better than typical McDonald's and Subway and Popeyes.

·
Premium Member
12,420 Posts
My buddy opened one about a year ago 1st off they'd they build in a residential neighborhood and and there's usually about 5 different restaurant like applebee's ,friday's shake shack the rent was 5000 per month he has 2 pizza Places already one 30 years. The app fees and poor all app delivery is only absolutely pull him out of business.. Because he got tired of giving such a high commission for such shit service. When he does his taxes this year he'll write it off. Some orders sat 2 hours as no drivers would come get the food. Customers would tell him thier fees were super hi...sounds like rideshare

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
My buddy opened one about a year ago 1st off they'd they build in a residential neighborhood and and there's usually about 5 different restaurant like applebee's ,friday's shake shack the rent was 5000 per month he has 2 pizza Places already one 30 years. The app fees and poor all app delivery is only absolutely pull him out of business.. Because he got tired of giving such a high commission for such shit service. When he does his taxes this year he'll write it off. Some orders sat 2 hours as no drivers would come get the food. Customers would tell him thier fees were super hi...sounds like rideshare
I think this is just a person in his house using it for multiple things not a actual ghost kitchen.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'd be leery about ordering food from a place with a 3.5 rating.

Anyhow, back to the main topic....there was a place a few years back that consisted of a husband, wife and their two sons. The waiting area was their living room. They were all a very friendly bunch and had a really good reputation locally, but those folks usually took forever to get their orders ready which was the primary reason I seldom accepted offers from that place.

Ultimately, they got busted and were forced to shut down by the local authorities for code violations and not paying taxes.

·
Premium Member
8,846 Posts
Here's something to think about guys... UberEats' commission on the food is 45% (30% from the restaurants and 15% from the customers) in most cases. Then add the delivery fee they charge the customers and their total take becomes very hefty.

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
The problem is you never know whether or not any of the bad reviews are written by competitors trying to steal their customers.
Yeah, I'm always skeptical of online reviews. Especially, AMAZON with all their fake reviews. Also, some businesses just get crappy a hole nightmare customers who's intentions prior going into the transaction are to cause drama for refunds and attention. Just look at Tik Tok.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts