Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like a good idea. Can you flop yourself down on the couch and watch Netflix while you wait for the food?
Actually yes. I arrived at 1:40am, dude greeted me at the front door (because he has good exterior lighting with closed circuit cameras monitoring the front yard and driveway.) Offered his nice leather sofa and makeshift waiting area with relaxing spa music, babbling brook white noise, and reading materials adjacent to the front door while he finished up in the kitchen. 8 minutes later I'm back on the road. Better than standing a greasy McDonald's floor while they pretend to not see you waiting and ignore you for 17 minutes.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AND he charges about half the rate of the mechanic on main street with a big sign.
That's what low overhead enables.

And it's weird how you won't hear a single traditional mechanic shop ***** about the other mechanic taking all the "low-ball requests" and "driving down market prices"

What if there’s 16 gangbangers
Then bring your gang so they can bang. 😁

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Not sure if I would want neighbors who have people coming and going constantly though.
Beats having similar traffic patterns for illicit drug transactions. Way lower odds of a drive-by or garden variety shooting.

So how was the tip?
Better than typical McDonald's and Subway and Popeyes.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
The app fees and poor all app delivery is only absolutely pull him out of business.. Because he got tired of giving such a high commission for such shit service.
I know this is gonna be controversial, but here it is anyhoo:

He wasn't forced to agree to their terms.

It's his fault for being bad at business.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Well, I don't know about that particular restuarant but, the delivery companies did kind of force many restuarants to sign up with them.

They added altered menus to the delivery apps from restuarants that refused. They would have someone call and place the order or actually have the delivery driver place & pay for the order.

Orders weren't 100% accurate because if the errors / alterations in the menus on the delivery app causing complaints and unsatisfied customers.
For a successful established chain that was bad bad but survivable. For a one off mom & pops restuarant, it's much more serious. Then the pandemic hit and these app put on the full court press.
Running in app specials for the the hold out restuarants which basically forced them to sign up to save their reputations.
Support your outlandish assertions with evidence. Otherwise, your comment stands as a monument to bovine excrement.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Nah, too lazy. Well, that's not really true. More like it would be a waste of my time.

I think you already know this is how they operated and continue to operate. I believe any articles I post would go unread by you.
It was so bad in our nations most populated state that a law was enacted to prevent it from happening.
Still waiting. You have others to convince here, not just me.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I believe any articles I post would go unread by you.
That was much easier than I thought
I just read it. I completely missed the part where it stated:
Running in app specials for the the hold out restuarants which basically forced them to sign up to save their reputations.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I missed the part where I cited that as proof of anything. I believe I said it was entertaining and cited that as the reason for linking it. Let me check to be sure.
Understood. Please alert me when you believe that you've found some evidence for:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
It's been well publicized.
The problem is that these algorithms can put you in a filter bubble, a term coined by Internet activist Eli Pariser. Being in a filter bubble means these algorithms have isolated you from information and perspectives you haven’t already expressed an interest in, meaning you may miss out on important information.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts