Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
Yeah I saw on YouTube a while back where someone signed up and was selling frozen pizzas out of their house. A previous employer there were some women who would show up selling hot plates out of the back of their car trunk.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
My aunt told me that this used to be a popular thing in the 50's in NYC. Someone would have a rep for being a great cook and would have a couple of tables in their living room. A mini restaurant with no menu.

I saw someone else mention one of these a few months back. Does Uber even check to make sure you have a commercial kitchen, I would bet that they don't. I'm not knocking the hustle of the folks doing it though.
I'm pretty sure I ate in a few houses that were makeshift restaurants when I went to Central America. Basically, had dining in front of the shack but it was good. I lived to tell about it. Not sure if I would want neighbors who have people coming and going constantly though.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
My buddy opened one about a year ago 1st off they'd they build in a residential neighborhood and and there's usually about 5 different restaurant like applebee's ,friday's shake shack the rent was 5000 per month he has 2 pizza Places already one 30 years. The app fees and poor all app delivery is only absolutely pull him out of business.. Because he got tired of giving such a high commission for such shit service. When he does his taxes this year he'll write it off. Some orders sat 2 hours as no drivers would come get the food. Customers would tell him thier fees were super hi...sounds like rideshare
I think this is just a person in his house using it for multiple things not a actual ghost kitchen.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
The problem is you never know whether or not any of the bad reviews are written by competitors trying to steal their customers.
Yeah, I'm always skeptical of online reviews. Especially, AMAZON with all their fake reviews. Also, some businesses just get crappy a hole nightmare customers who's intentions prior going into the transaction are to cause drama for refunds and attention. Just look at Tik Tok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts