Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,461 Posts
Actually yes. I arrived at 1:40am, dude greeted me at the front door (because he has good exterior lighting with closed circuit cameras monitoring the front yard and driveway.) Offered his nice leather sofa and makeshift waiting area with relaxing spa music, babbling brook white noise, and reading materials adjacent to the front door while he finished up in the kitchen. 8 minutes later I'm back on the road. Better than standing a greasy McDonald's floor while they pretend to not see you waiting and ignore you for 17 minutes.
No complementary chilled cucumber water?

Thumbs down

·
Premium Member
4,461 Posts
I know this is gonna be controversial, but here it is anyhoo:

He wasn't forced to agree to their terms.

It's his fault for being bad at business.

Well, I don't know about that particular restuarant but, the delivery companies did kind of force many restuarants to sign up with them.

They added altered menus to the delivery apps from restuarants that refused. They would have someone call and place the order or actually have the delivery driver place & pay for the order.

Orders weren't 100% accurate because if the errors / alterations in the menus on the delivery app causing complaints and unsatisfied customers.
For a successful established chain that was bad bad but survivable. For a one off mom & pops restuarant, it's much more serious. Then the pandemic hit and these app put on the full court press.
Running in app specials for the the hold out restuarants which basically forced them to sign up to save their reputations.

·
Premium Member
4,461 Posts
Support your outlandish assertions with evidence. Otherwise, your comment stands as a monument to bovine excrement.
Nah, too lazy. Well, that's not really true. More like it would be a waste of my time.

I think you already know this is how they operated and continue to operate. I believe any articles I post would go unread by you.
It was so bad in our nations most populated state that a law was enacted to prevent it from happening.

·
Premium Member
4,461 Posts
He who makes a claim must support it. It's called burden of proof.
If it wasn't you, I'd gladly post links to articles supporting what I said. Because it is you asking, I won't. I believe it's a waste of my time. As I already said, you already know I'm right. You, for whatever reason get your rocks off defending and denying the poor behavior, of these companies. You've probably read many of the same articles as I have. It's not ground breaking stuff here, it's old news. CA's law took effect 1-2021
Human body Handwriting Font Rectangle Art

Since I am going off memory I wasn't 100% sure of the date, so I looked up the date. Since I had looked up the date, I screenshot it and posted it.

Believe me, pretend to not believe me, research it yourself or don't. I really don't care. I know you know it's true.

Personally, I think it's a brilliant move on their behalf. I also think it's shitty behavior and in my opinion unethical, and completely unfair to independent restaurants. It's akin to the mob collecting "protection money." It is basically extortion.

I read an article a while ago, an independent pizza parlor in, I think NYC, found out one of the apps had him listed against his wishes. The menu was wrong, I don't remember all the inaccuracies, but he ordered a bunch of pizzas through the app. I don't recall if someone placed the order by phone or if it was made in person by someone but it was paid for by whoever picked it up via a cc. The owner sent empty boxes or boxes with uncooked pizza dough to his apartment. 😆 🤣 😂 I will see if I can find that article, as I think it's entertaining.

·
Premium Member
4,461 Posts
Understood. Please alert me when you believe that you've found some evidence for:
I'll withdraw it from the record as the pharsing is a bit ambiguous.

If you'll allow me to rephrase:

Often, restaurants not partnered with the delivery app companies, especially independent restaurants, felt forced to sign up in order to control the online menu and save their reputation.

Whether they offered free or discounted delivery is inconsequential. They bullied the restuarants into signing up and you know it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts