Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had reserved rides or used a service called UZURV for pax to reserve a ride with you? I signed up but haven't done anything with them yet. If so, I'd like to know your experiences with them.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Has anyone had reserved rides or used a service called UZURV for pax to reserve a ride with you? I signed up but haven't done anything with them yet. If so, I'd like to know your experiences with them.
Never heard of them until reading your post. I checked out their website, they say that it works with both Uber & Lyft and that you need a current TNP license but how do they send the request to a specific driver while going thru either Uber or Lyft for the actual ride? And it says there is a $2.95 fee for both making the reservation AND accepting the request. I can't really see this being that profitable unless it's a fairly long ride.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Interesting that someone is trying to make a business of this independently. I have talked with many of my riders about their desire to have favorite drivers and the ability to pre-schedule them. Uber and Lyft could just incorporate this into their platforms and put UZURV out of business. I'm not a programmer but I would think the UZURV app would require cooperation from Uber/Lyft for the API integration. They may go along for awhile but if this gains traction they could become problematic. I see that the beta price is $0.99 per reservation/acceptance with long-term goal of $2.95 each. There is no way I'm paying $2.95 to accept a reservation.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Don't waste your time with UZURV. Now that you can schedule rides with Lyft it's killed what little request that were posted on UZURV.
Unfortunately Lyft's "scheduled rides" is just total B*S. As others have said on this forum, Lyft will put out notifications for scheduled rides, you accept it and then when you go online for the scheduled ride that you previously accepted and they'll just bombard you with all kinds of rides requests EXCEPT the one that you already accepted and if you don't take those, they'll ding you on your acceptance rating. Or they'll just give YOUR scheduled ride request to another driver that by pure luck just happens to be 1 min closer to the rider at that time. It's no different than the b*s they pull when you accept any other ride request and Lyft will just cancel the ride and give it to a closer driver, oh and of course they'll b*s you and tell you that the rider canceled the request. LYFT IS 100% B*S.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Yep, Lyft's scheduled rides function is crap. I've actually had more instances of getting trips while out driving that the rider said were scheduled than I've had a scheduled trip that I accepted actually come through for me.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Lyft's ANYTHING is crap thusfar. I never picked up any scheduled pickup. Why? Because they've been advertising for new drivers for 6 months. Let some uneducated fool drop off your airport ride at the wromg terminal at the wrong time of day. Go 'head.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Unfortunately Lyft's "scheduled rides" is just total B*S. As others have said on this forum, Lyft will put out notifications for scheduled rides, you accept it and then when you go online for the scheduled ride that you previously accepted and they'll just bombard you with all kinds of rides requests EXCEPT the one that you already accepted and if you don't take those, they'll ding you on your acceptance rating. Or they'll just give YOUR scheduled ride request to another driver that by pure luck just happens to be 1 min closer to the rider at that time. It's no different than the b*s they pull when you accept any other ride request and Lyft will just cancel the ride and give it to a closer driver, oh and of course they'll b*s you and tell you that the rider canceled the request. LYFT IS 100% B*S.
Do you honestly believe UZURV is any better? Ever try to get paired with a rider in a densely populated area? From experience, I've had a lot more luck on lyfts scheduled rides than UZURV. Good luck

·
Registered
413 Posts
Do you honestly believe UZURV is any better? Ever try to get paired with a rider in a densely populated area? From experience, I've had a lot more luck on lyfts scheduled rides than UZURV. Good luck
Somebody's needs to learn how to read. Not once did I EVER say anything about UZURV being any better or worse than Lyft's scheduled rides..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.