Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than switching to UberEats only after getting a sticky surge does anyone know of a way to lock in the surge? Very annoying that it says I always get surge on my next ride but then a reservation request pops up. If I reject it I lose the surge right? I know if I accept it I also lose the surge. If I accept and then cancel is there a way to keep the surge by choosing the right cancel reason maybe?

Seems dumb if the only way to guarantee that you get a surge is to switch to Eats only.

·
Premium Member
2019 Toyota Corolla
7,453 Posts
Other than switching to UberEats only after getting a sticky surge does anyone know of a way to lock in the surge? Very annoying that it says I always get surge on my next ride but then a reservation request pops up. If I reject it I lose the surge right? I know if I accept it I also lose the surge. If I accept and then cancel is there a way to keep the surge by choosing the right cancel reason maybe?

Seems dumb if the only way to guarantee that you get a surge is to switch to Eats only.
I wouldnt be surprised if that
costs me over $100 a day 😡

·
Premium Member
721 Posts

I believe "didn't show up" might be a valid reason to hold onto surge, though you'd have to wait out the timer.

·
Premium Member
9,773 Posts

You’ve been driving long enough that you should know just accepting and then canceling keeps the surge. While they seem to have gotten rid of consecutive trips it also kept those alive. Use any reason except for safety as you’ll keep getting the messages to call if you need help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts