Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I need some advices my car has scratches all over some of it are tiny some are a little bit more deep so I would like to repair at least most of them but I don’t want to spend too much money on it. Can you guys give me any place where I can do this ? I read online that some scratches can disappear only with polish and wax but I need a good place. I live in queens. Thank you

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Hi I need some advices my car has scratches all over some of it are tiny some are a little bit more deep so I would like to repair at least most of them but I don't want to spend too much money on it. Can you guys give me any place where I can do this ? I read online that some scratches can disappear only with polish and wax but I need a good place. I live in queens. Thank you
Macco usually runs specials, I did my car about 4 years ago and looks like new still.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Macco usually runs specials, I did my car about 4 years ago and looks like new still.
Hi how much it cost you and I don't want to repainted cuz like I said before scratches are all over the car so I would have to paint entire car. Maybe just polish and waxing they do that there ?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi how much it cost you and I don't want to repainted cuz like I said before scratches are all over the car so I would have to paint entire car. Maybe just polish and waxing they do that there ?
If you are not leaving the taxi industry don't do it as they will keep coming up even right after it comes out the shop from getting painted. Now if you will no longer use the car for app/base then go for it. JMO

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are not leaving the taxi industry don't do it as they will keep coming up even right after it comes out the shop from getting painted. Now if you will no longer use the car for app/base then go for it. JMO
It's for my personal car. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,095 Posts
Hi I need some advices my car has scratches all over some of it are tiny some are a little bit more deep so I would like to repair at least most of them but I don't want to spend too much money on it. Can you guys give me any place where I can do this ? I read online that some scratches can disappear only with polish and wax but I need a good place. I live in queens. Thank you
A good detailer can make her look brand new.

Good detailers aren't cheap so it all depends how much u are willing to spend

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
It's for my personal car. Thanks
Do me a favor and take close up pictures of your deep scratches and light scratches. Light scratches can be polished but deep scratches it depends. Yours probably can be compounded or if it comes to it, wet sanded. Also do you park in the street?

·
Premium Member
9,095 Posts
Do me a favor and take close up pictures of your deep scratches and light scratches. Light scratches can be polished but deep scratches it depends. Yours probably can be compounded or if it comes to it, wet sanded. Also do you park in the street?
Wet sand deep scratches with 2000 wetsand and then woth 3000 wetsand and then polish and they will be alot less noticeable

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
Wet sand deep scratches with 2000 wetsand and then woth 3000 wetsand and then polish and they will be alot less noticeable
My only thought is this, if you're parking publicly and you don't have bumper guards then I wouldn't recommend a full on paint correction because after every paint correction, you're going to have to seal it. Sealant is alright but ceramic coating is the way to go if you care that much about paint and that's still another heavy expense. I'd just go with an all in one polish

·
Premium Member
9,095 Posts
My only thought is this, if you're parking publicly and you don't have bumper guards then I wouldn't recommend a full on paint correction because after every paint correction, you're going to have to seal it. Sealant is alright but ceramic coating is the way to go if you care that much about paint and that's still another heavy expense. I'd just go with an all in one polish
Seems like thats wat he wants, to make the car look good not perfect.

1 step correction and top it off with a good sealant.

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
If you don't mind waiting for me to get a polisher with a smaller throw which would take about a month, I'd say you're looking at a 100$ - $200 job. Should be on the lower end of that range, so if someone does quite you past 200 it's overpriced. Just make sure you let them know you want an all in one polish. Or you can go with the separated service as detailed by Lenny aka one step paint correction + sealant.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I don’t want to spent more than $ 200 so I have to ask for a all in one polish ? Any particular place where I can go ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you don't mind waiting for me to get a polisher with a smaller throw which would take about a month, I'd say you're looking at a 100$ - $200 job. Should be on the lower end of that range, so if someone does quite you past 200 it's overpriced. Just make sure you let them know you want an all in one polish. Or you can go with the separated service as detailed by Lenny aka one step paint correction + sealant.
Where r u located ? I can wait a month

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Just a heads up... you're not getting a lot of those rock chips out. It's kind of hard to tell from that picture, but it looks like that's your biggest issue from what i see. You can easily clean up that headlight and make it look brand new. A good compound/polish and a DA polisher should clean up the swirls. Might need some wet sanding, but hard to tell from that picture. I wouldn't expect much for $200 though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts