Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I recently read an article about Hertz offering rental cars to Uber drivers for about 180 a wk. I believe this was in LA or SF. So I was wondering if other cities would be doing this as well, and also would this be something worth doing. I live in the Cincinnati area, and was interested in trying out driving for Uber or Lyft, but my vehicle is a 99 Corolla with less then 200 k miles and in excellent condition. Not sure why it has to be newer vehicle ( nose in air). After reading some stories about net profit, I'm getting a little discouraged. I drive a semi, and make 46 c.p.m. But am currently taking a break so I can get some things taken care of.

·
Registered
496 Posts
[QUOTE="Hambone008, post: 1222853, member: 63159". After reading some stories about net profit, I'm getting a little discouraged. .[/QUOTE]

Do not do this. The lease is $720 a month (4 x $180) and if you add this to Uber's 20% cut, gas, self-employment tax of 15%, and repair costs you will likely lose money. The only way this could possibly work out OK is if you you were in a large market (NY or SF) and you could drive 60 hours a week.

If you want to try Uber, use your Corolla and do the math after about a month. I think you'll find that you will make about $8 per hour, after the above listed expenses.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts