Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I’m new to the site. I’m new to the site. I’ve neen driving for a while.I recently wrecked my car and was hoping to find someone that has dealt with renting a car to drive. I’m hoping to hear from someone in the Tampa area that has rented through enterprise and find out how things worked out for them. I would like to hear how renting worked out for any area people are in. Glad to have found this site hope to get some feedback. Thank you

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
Hi all. I'm new to the site. I'm new to the site. I've neen driving for a while.I recently wrecked my car and was hoping to find someone that has dealt with renting a car to drive. I'm hoping to hear from someone in the Tampa area that has rented through enterprise and find out how things worked out for them. I would like to hear how renting worked out for any area people are in. Glad to have found this site hope to get some feedback. Thank you
Welcome to the site T.

I've never rented a car but being in here for over a year and reading many stories, doesn't sound like it's the right choice.

Best thing you can do is maybe find the cheapest Prius or Civic for maybe 5k or so.
About 10 years old is perfect for rideshare.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Cableguy. I appreciate that. I’m getting the impression that’s the way to go. I haven’t heard from the insurance yet but I’m pretty sure they are going to total my car. I just got the car a few months ago. I got the gap insurance to cover what I owe on it to what the insurance won’t pay but it may be a while before I get the gap coverage paid out. Either way its taking longer than I can stand financially.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Thanks for the reply Cableguy. I appreciate that. I'm getting the impression that's the way to go. I haven't heard from the insurance yet but I'm pretty sure they are going to total my car. I just got the car a few months ago. I got the gap insurance to cover what I owe on it to what the insurance won't pay but it may be a while before I get the gap coverage paid out. Either way its taking longer than I can stand financially.
So does that mean...

That Plant City is short Uber drivers...

And Needin some backup help...?...8>)

Rakos
Automotive parking light Sky Cloud Wheel Land vehicle

·
Banned
7,360 Posts
Do you guys know what the aptions are for renting for Uber if I have to rent for a week or
You would be better off just waiting it out instead of renting a car, the reason being if you get in an accident with a rental you would be really screwed.
The reason being you won't have ride share coverage and their insurance won't cover for using a rental for ride share.
BTW, a Prius is the way to go, I just bought a 2018 and average 52 miles per gallon. It also handles the road great and chicks love it.

·
Premium Member
4,595 Posts
Hi all. I'm new to the site. I'm new to the site. I've neen driving for a while.I recently wrecked my car and was hoping to find someone that has dealt with renting a car to drive. I'm hoping to hear from someone in the Tampa area that has rented through enterprise and find out how things worked out for them. I would like to hear how renting worked out for any area people are in. Glad to have found this site hope to get some feedback. Thank you
I went through a no fault total loss also about 14 months ago ...I got paid some lost wages, free rental for four days after car was labeled totaled. They won't go too long after the car deemed totaled with expenses. I went almost into the third week before everything was settled, bought a new car, etc.

We don't have rental program in my city for rideshare purpose, so I had to bite the loss and used my rental to go car shopping.

If you need to rent a car to help with new car down payment, do what you need to do ( but if your city doesn't have the rideshare program rental coverage, I wouldn't rent and rideshare in it)
I would start putting away money and get out of renting for long term. My Malibu monthly with commercial insurance is what one week of a rental cost.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi J. That’s what I needed to hear. I’m going to try and make it until the payoff from insurance. I’m hoping my next down isn’t to steep. I would hate for one full day of each week to have to go completely towards the rental. Hoping for a speedy insurance team. I’m pretty sure that’s an oxymoron. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
4,595 Posts
Hi J. That's what I needed to hear. I'm going to try and make it until the payoff from insurance. I'm hoping my next down isn't to steep. I would hate for one full day of each week to have to go completely towards the rental. Hoping for a speedy insurance team. I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron. Thanks for the help.
Also when they give you the value of your total loss....it will be a Market value.....but they make a deduction for wear and tear. They took $200 dollars off my value for worn front tires....they'll deduct for rotors, brakes....etc

One thing I do suggest, use the rental and atleast get an idea of down payment you'll need etc., checking out numerous car places. Don't waste the valuable asset of free total loss rental.
I had to check out several lots because some banks didn't take kindly to the rideshare job as source of income. Plus they wanted to see proof for the final paid off loan to the bank for the first car loan.

·
Premium Member
4,595 Posts
Does the insurance...

that we pay extra for...

Do anything with down time...???

Rakos
View attachment 235238
Nope... Mine was a 100% total with 100% no fault and I got paid lost wages up to when the car was deemed totaled, then four days after to return the rental. Only way I see that is if you were severely injured.

Basically they tell you to looking ASAP when they know your cars going bye bye to scrap heap. There's no compassion or sympathy....you snooze too long and you'll be car shopping on your own rental dime.

Usually they want you broke and money hurting so when the final release of all claims papers come, you sign the paper work and get your check.

I was soooo sock from losing my car and sent and looked at the pictures a million times, that Apple put it in the best of 2017 picture category......lol
(I did a screen shot back in mid 2017)

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts