Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to tryout working for Uber/Lyft, and I was looking at renting a car for Uber/Lyft in Dallas.
Has anyone tried car rentals this? I mean like Hertz, Hyrecar, others?
Are there any recomendations?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did my first week in a Hertz rental. It was 180 plus taxes for the week.
It's a good way to get a feel for the job but you gotta hustle to come out positive on your money. If you can eat a 200 dollar loss to learn something, give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
I did my first week in a Hertz rental. It was 180 plus taxes for the week.
It's a good way to get a feel for the job but you gotta hustle to come out positive on your money. If you can eat a 200 dollar loss to learn something, give it a shot.
It free on lyft if you can get 75 rides.No power driver bonus,so maybe it not free.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Enterprise also has a partnership with Uber. I would look into their program to see what the pros and cons are. I think about it this way, having a set weekly rate that includes insurance and maintenance is alright with me. Once you pay for insurance and maintenance on your personal vehicle, you ocme out paying more I believe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Enterprise also has a partnership with Uber. I would look into their program to see what the pros and cons are. I think about it this way, having a set weekly rate that includes insurance and maintenance is alright with me. Once you pay for insurance and maintenance on your personal vehicle, you ocme out paying more I believe.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Uber dfw has hertz rentals. $180 plus tax, includes insurance, maintenance & unlimited miles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What class of vehicles are offered for around $200 week with all expenses(except fuel) covered? Are they even large/capable enough to handle multiple passengers, luggage and such? $200 must be the beginning price of poker. It would be quite unfortunate to not be able to accommodate customers, and receive a low rating due to a low-end budget vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What class of vehicles are offered for around $200 week with all expenses(except fuel) covered? Are they even large/capable enough to handle multiple passengers, luggage and such? $200 must be the beginning price of poker. It would be quite unfortunate to not be able to accommodate customers, and receive a low rating due to a low-end budget vehicle.
good point -- they offer lowend cars -- Toyota corolla and Nissan Versa, I believe.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
good point -- they offer lowend cars -- Toyota corolla and Nissan Versa, I believe.
I have a rental, chevy Malibu, qualifies for select too. Mpg kinda sucks compared to my real car (in the shop) but it's about $200 a week with taxes and such. It's short term but gotta do what I gotta do. Unlimited miles so I will drive he crap out of it to compensate for the cost of renting

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a rental, chevy Malibu, qualifies for select too. Mpg kinda sucks compared to my real car (in the shop) but it's about $200 a week with taxes and such. It's short term but gotta do what I gotta do. Unlimited miles so I will drive he crap out of it to compensate for the cost of renting
I'm going to try and do this soon. I gross almost $1000 a week but it's brutal on my current car which is far worse on gas and maintenance than this would be.

From what I hear, certain 2015 or newer cars qualify for Select. Is that true?

Also how much money do I need up front to rent from enterprise? The website says $350 up front but I'm just making sure.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts