Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are calling on all our members and any other Uber driver in Melbourne and in Brisbane to join us tomorrow and Log-OFF, Tuesday 14/3/2017 from 6:30AM until 5:00PM in protest over our poor pay and working conditions.

Unity is our only strong bargaining chip when it comes to companies like Uber and to getting our message across to the Government. Unity is the KEY to getting our demands met, as soon as possible!

Uber drivers, stand together Tuesday 14/3/2017 and LOG-OFF from 6:30AM until 5:00PM, lets all send Uber a loud and clear message they can no longer ignore. The sweatshop has got to stop! Uber drivers in Brisbane demand fair pay.

It's Your car! Your time! Your investment! Your Rules!

Hundreds of Melbourne drivers together with Brisbane drivers will be taking part in our joint action tomorrow. Make sure YOU are one of them! for the greater cause and benefit for us all. For a viable and fair Ride Share service in Queensland, for both drivers and passengers, for years to come.

The news is already all over the major newspapers and will be on ABC news together with other news channels who may pick it. MAKE IT HAPPEN boys and girls. This is your chance!

Google us for more info and up to date news.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
I for one join you in Bris. For those of you that drive due to financial reasons that's ok, but should we get numbers surge will happen in peak hours, and when Riders complain you can also do your bit buy eg. informing them for instance we pay Ubers GST which I guess is one of my major whinges. All you casual retires like myself do you really need $70, we can make a difference. Come on maybe work on another day to make your budget. Onya Stevo, Cool ant, Paul, as Zoom says believe or not we can make a difference, were not just "partners " we can have a "voice" as a silent majority

·
Registered
431 Posts
Good luck. But looking at the history of uber corp nothing will be done for the betterment of the driver. You are dispensable.

And as they say KARMA is a *****. You undercut a legal industry and caused a lot of distress to a lot of law abiding families. And now you have to pay it back, and its just getting started. If uber corp continues to survive it will only get worse, not better for uber drivers.

A company as vile, misogynist and morally bankrupt as uber, in any sensible society would not be allowed to exist.

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Shame that he missed a golden opportunity to educate the listeners that we don't get the $1 per km... Should have stated the rate is $1 per km & immediately 25 cents goes to Uber as commission & 10% GST so 75c is the rate that should be stated & then people may start to realise how little Uber drivers receive...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I heard the interview and you handled it pretty well. It was good to hear positive stuff about Uber drivers for a change. The goose who rang in with a "cry me a river" message made no sense at all. Just kept sporting the "no level playing field" mantra with no sympathy of the uneven rates for drivers.

Looking forward to turning the app off tomorrow and doing other stuff.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I heard the interview and you handled it pretty well. It was good to hear positive stuff about Uber drivers for a change. The goose who rang in with a "cry me a river" message made no sense at all. Just kept sporting the "no level playing field" mantra with no sympathy of the uneven rates for drivers.

Looking forward to turning the app off tomorrow and doing other stuff.
The guy who rang and said 'cry me a river' represents most of your customers, who don't give a flying **** as to how much you get paid. As long as the rider gets the cheapest rate, they would care less if you had a ***** being showed up your ass.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Campaigning for government legislation in this area will only serve to make it more difficult for competition for Uber to start up.

Increasing legislation only increases operating costs and then bang, Uber will be just another Taxi service, just without a car fleet. Is that what you really want?

The rates are low where I live and the driver turnover is high. Yet there are msny full timers like me who figured out how to do well by working with the timing and location trends.

Forcing a certain pay structure just stupifies the whole thing leading to increased fairs and less passengers. You'll end up with more dead time waiting for a ride despite earning more per mile.

Some of you ought to study basic economics as opposed to operating with a reactionary mindset. Economic cause and effect goes much deeper than many percieve.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Campaigning for government legislation in this area will only serve to make it more difficult for competition for Uber to start up.

Increasing legislation only increases operating costs and then bang, Uber will be just another Taxi service, just without a car fleet. Is that what you really want?

The rates are low where I live and the driver turnover is high. Yet there are msny full timers like me who figured out how to do well by working with the timing and location trends.

Forcing a certain pay structure just stupifies the whole thing leading to increased fairs and less passengers. You'll end up with more dead time waiting for a ride despite earning more per mile.

Some of you ought to study basic economics as opposed to operating with a reactionary mindset. Economic cause and effect goes much deeper than many percieve.
You are of course assuming that a fare rise will lead to a drop in demand.

This is an assumption only - there is always a demand for ride sharing and any small pay structure- like the list of demands - still undercuts a taxi fare. You're also assuming it will result in a fare rise. This could be absorbed by Uber or not result in a fare price that 100% covers the new rate.

Why aren't Brisbane and Melbourne drivers getting the same rate as Sydney. Same job, same app....what's the explanation?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts

This is an assumption only - there is always a demand for ride sharing and any small pay structure- like the list of demands - still undercuts a taxi fare. You're also assuming it will result in a fare rise. This could be absorbed by Uber or not result in a fare price that 100% covers the new rate.

Why aren't Brisbane and Melbourne drivers getting the same rate as Sydney. Same job, same app....what's the explanation?
you get less per kilometre than Hobart.

Reactions: Stevo16

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Shame that he missed a golden opportunity to educate the listeners that we don't get the $1 per km... Should have stated the rate is $1 per km & immediately 25 cents goes to Uber as commission & 10% GST so 75c is the rate that should be stated & then people may start to realise how little Uber drivers receive...
Guess what it's worse than that, it's 25cents to uber GST IS 11% so that's 11 cents so 25+ 11 =36 cents We now get 64cents out of a dollar aaaaagh

·
Registered
431 Posts

An unregulated market in a quasi capitalist system that exists in the western country as a matter of fact the world ONLY benefits the people who already have the money.

Without regulations and public policy interventions a lot of the so called western world or the first world living standards will just disappear.

It it was really within my power, I would transport all these poor, lower middle class or middles class FREE MARKET religionists to a third world country and leave them there to fend for themselves.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Lol
Needs sustained pressure. You are fighting not just Uber but it's shareholders in the media who will pretend nothing happened. There will probably be a few "Uber saved my life" stories published over the next couple of weeks if Uber is running true to form. The Uber spin doctors will work an angle how a few people who may need help to maximise their Uber experience are not a reflection of most of the Uber drivers.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
We are calling on all our members and any other Uber driver in Melbourne and in Brisbane to join us tomorrow and Log-OFF, Tuesday 14/3/2017 from 6:30AM until 5:00PM in protest over our poor pay and working conditions.

Unity is our only strong bargaining chip when it comes to companies like Uber and to getting our message across to the Government. Unity is the KEY to getting our demands met, as soon as possible!

Uber drivers, stand together Tuesday 14/3/2017 and LOG-OFF from 6:30AM until 5:00PM, lets all send Uber a loud and clear message they can no longer ignore. The sweatshop has got to stop! Uber drivers in Brisbane demand fair pay.

It's Your car! Your time! Your investment! Your Rules!

Hundreds of Melbourne drivers together with Brisbane drivers will be taking part in our joint action tomorrow. Make sure YOU are one of them! for the greater cause and benefit for us all. For a viable and fair Ride Share service in Queensland, for both drivers and passengers, for years to come.

The news is already all over the major newspapers and will be on ABC news together with other news channels who may pick it. MAKE IT HAPPEN boys and girls. This is your chance!

Google us for more info and up to date news.
I stayed home for my fellow drivers...

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts

Costs vary in different regions. Bananas are cheap at Coffs Harbour for example. Ought a Banana vendor at Coffs charge the same rate as one in Melbourne? Think about it.

Economics is more complicated than just looking at one sinhle factor, ie Uber rates.

If people don't like the pay then they ought to stop driving.

Let the market decide.

There are a bunch of complainers here in the USA regarding rates but those people are either to lazy or imcompetent to figure out how to capitalise on what is available, or simply foolish to keep driving for what amounts to not much more than minimum wage.

An unregulated market in a quasi capitalist system that exists in the western country as a matter of fact the world ONLY benefits the people who already have the money.

Without regulations and public policy interventions a lot of the so called western world or the first world living standards will just disappear.

It it was really within my power, I would transport all these poor, lower middle class or middles class FREE MARKET religionists to a third world country and leave them there to fend for themselves.
It is good that a potential tyrant like you is not in power then.

I don't advocate deporting people who disagree with me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The people, our customers have already made it clear.
What happenes when it surges, its good for the driver but customers HATE it.
So there it is, customers don't want too pay more and will more than likely not take rides as often.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts