Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I need some honest answers here!! I am currently driving in Los Angeles and have been thinking about relocating to Dallas after a rider I had told me all about how wonderful and friendly and cool Dallas is. I am making like $4000 a month doing uber full time and life is just too expensive here. I have 2 kids and my wife isn't working at the moment and I wanna come to Dallas but worried I'm not gonna make enough money doing uber if it's not as good as LA. I also was wondering if u guys have platinum and gold status guaranteed earnings there in Dallas. I would appreciate your insight on this as its a big risk I am willing to take to better my family's life.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thing is ppl say the exact same thing here in LA, that they not making money and that it sucks but I am making it and that's with 40 hours a week btw not by sitting on the couch at home. I work hard to make that money here.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
You'll be trading one for the other. Maybe make a little less $,
but your cost of living will be a somewhat lower in Texas.
Just the cost to breathe in So Cal is getting out of hand.

If it's a change of scenery you're looking for, well we have mountains...
they're 600 miles west from here and they'll look more like the foot hills
compared to Sierra Madre. We have a beach, yay! It's another 4 or 5 hours drive.
National Forest ? sure, several hours southeast of here...

So, what do we have in Dallas ?

California has that too. Wait, you're married...so maybe not that...

Well, I'm looking at the scorecard and so far it's fairly even.

$4K Uber X you'll find a bit of a challenge. Are you driving Black or Select or X ?

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Yout probably know the honey holes in LA here not so much..dirty Lee is spot on.

Uberx here is .85 mile before uber cut.
Surge is almost a thing of the past.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

compared to Sierra Madre. We have a beach, yay! It's another 4 or 5 hours drive.

Lots of blondes with big tixxs :D:D. That's about it. Big round ones !

$4K Uber X you'll find a bit of a challenge. Are you driving Black or Select or X ?
Doing plain old uberx here.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Well, I said it was possible, not that it was easy. I certainly have no intentions of trying to accomplish it. Dallas is .85/.10... so it's further stacked against you. And you'll more than likely be stuck at 25% commission here (even if you are at 20% commission in LA currently).

·
Registered
457 Posts

We have the DALLAS COWBOYS !!! Americas Team !!!!! Which is a Prerequisite *** Must be a Dallas Cowboys Fan *** to ride-share drive in the DFW Area !!!!! :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well, today is Friday and I already made $580 yesterday and I'm about to start today say at 2 pm so yeah I can make $1000 by Sunday. You just gotta hustle as much you have hustle in LA. Just don't wait at the airport for losing time and money unless you drop off then stay there. While people are waiting at airport, I'm hustling on the road till I drop someone off to airport then I wait. You can make $1000 a week, you just gotta hustle!!

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, today is Friday and I already made $580 yesterday and I'm about to start today say at 2 pm so yeah I can make $1000 by Sunday. You just gotta hustle as much you have hustle in LA. Just don't wait at the airport for losing time and money unless you drop off then stay there. While people are waiting at airport, I'm hustling on the road till I drop someone off to airport then I wait. You can make $1000 a week, you just gotta hustle!!
Well ur just like me then, a hard worker!! These LA drivers complain on these threads all day but their problem is they wait for rides on one spot instead of hustling and going with the flow. It's like a business waiting for that once a month big customer and forgetting about all the little fish that keeps their business floating. How many rides about do u get a week from Monday to Friday?

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We have the DALLAS COWBOYS !!! Americas Team !!!!! Which is a Prerequisite *** Must be a Dallas Cowboys Fan *** to ride-share drive in the DFW Area !!!!! :)
Unfortunately I'm South African so not really into Football but I guess if I made some friends over there who like the Cowboys I could get into it. I am a huge Soccer fan though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts