Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to figure out the relative economics of an UberEATS order vs. an UberX order from Ubers perspective. My current understanding is below; if anyone could let me know if I have this right I would greatly appreciate it.

UberEATS Order: Uber takes 30% of the commission, and a flat $5.00 booking fee. Out of this Uber pays a $3.00 for pick-up, $1.50 for drop off, and $1.00 per mile to the driver/biker. So a $10 gross order with a 2 mile delivery radius would shake out to:

Gross Value: $10
Booking Fee: +$5
Commission on Order: +$3
Pick-up Payout: -$3.00
Mileage Fee: -$2.00
Drop off Payout: -$1.50

Which leaves Uber with a $1.50 profit on this hypothetical EATS order.

An UberX ride of a similar distance (2 miles) would be calculated as:

Booking Fee: $2.00
Mileage ($.90/mile): $1.80
Travel Time (assume $.20/minute & 5 minutes): $1.00
Base Fare: $1.50
Gross Fare: $6.30

Of which Uber takes 20% for a $1.26 profit.

Could anyone confirm I am on the right track here?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Free food. Idiots don't realize they have to come out to get the food. No door delivery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maybe its a Phoenix thing...I just dropped one off and the instruction said deliver to the door. But yeah, it would be better if they came out the curb

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ubereats is a door to curbside delivery service. They have to come out to get their order. If they don't come out within the time limit I give them a call if they don't answer leave a message and send them a text. If they still do not respond or come out cancel and enjoy free dinner. Happens to me all the time.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to figure out the relative economics of an UberEATS order vs. an UberX order from Ubers perspective. My current understanding is below; if anyone could let me know if I have this right I would greatly appreciate it.

UberEATS Order: Uber takes 30% of the commission, and a flat $5.00 booking fee. Out of this Uber pays a $3.00 for pick-up, $1.50 for drop off, and $1.00 per mile to the driver/biker. So a $10 gross order with a 2 mile delivery radius would shake out to:

Gross Value: $10
Booking Fee: +$5
Commission on Order: +$3
Pick-up Payout: -$3.00
Mileage Fee: -$2.00
Drop off Payout: -$1.50

Which leaves Uber with a $1.50 profit on this hypothetical EATS order.

An UberX ride of a similar distance (2 miles) would be calculated as:

Booking Fee: $2.00
Mileage ($.90/mile): $1.80
Travel Time (assume $.20/minute & 5 minutes): $1.00
Base Fare: $1.50
Gross Fare: $6.30

Of which Uber takes 20% for a $1.26 profit.

Could anyone confirm I am on the right track here?

Thanks!
I don't know how you're figuring Ubers profit by not including the fee.

But my take is on short trips it's better. Long it's worse. That's offset by not having people in your car though.

I do postmates, door dash and just signed up with favor. Money is ok, not great. But less stress for me. Only uber for surges or using DF to go home now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
pulled this from the uber website
Will UberEATS deliver to my door?
Yes, UberEATS is a door-to-door service, and the courier will be able to deliver your food to the door. If you're ordering from the Instant Delivery menu, you'll need to meet your courier at the curb.

so both are true...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I do a few Ubereats deliveries when I want to get a few dollars for gas but it's definitely not worth it at all, When getting a double order uber only pay $3.00 plus mileage for the 1st order and about $4.00 plus mileage for the 2ND., It's a complete ripoff and these fools want door to door service and they rarely tip., After I got a complaint for professionalism and one for lateness I gave up delivering food for Ubereats, There are better food delivery apps out there that you get paid more and customers tip.

I don't know how you're figuring Ubers profit by not including the fee.

But my take is on short trips it's better. Long it's worse. That's offset by not having people in your car though.

I do postmates, door dash and just signed up with favor. Money is ok, not great. But less stress for me. Only uber for surges or using DF to go home now.
That's what I do, I Drive when it's surging and if it's a decent boost along with other delivery apps.

·
Registered
276 Posts
When I do Uber Eats in my area, they are usually waiting for me curbside. And I get more tips than I do on UberX. However, I think Uber has been doing a lot of marketing in this area, so it will probably drop off after a while.
On another note, just interesting to me. I checked the reviews for a restaurant who told me their business has gone up 40% since they started with Uber, and a lot of the reviews were related to Uber and not good. Some diners who were dining in said they thought the restaurant was so busy filling Uber orders that their service was poor. Some of the Uber customers were not happy with the quality of the food when they got it. I don't know what they expect though when they order from a place that's 20 minutes from where they want to receive it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.