Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody drive or has driven for this base? I was talking to another driver, and he was telling me that they’re very good. A lot of out of town trips that make suv/black look like pocket change. I’m satisfied that I went back to livery, but looking at the numbers that this guy showed me for this month really caught my attention.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Anybody drive or has driven for this base? I was talking to another driver, and he was telling me that they're very good. A lot of out of town trips that make suv/black look like pocket change. I'm satisfied that I went back to livery, but looking at the numbers that this guy showed me for this month really caught my attention.
If the guy is doing mostly OT then most likely he is greasing the dispatcher. Make sure you not falling into one of those coz things can go down hill pretty quickly.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah greasing is just part of the game haha. I drove livery for 3 years before joining Uber in 2013. I remember buying coffe+blt for the dispatcher. Like I said, it sounds interesting but that would involve getting a new car. So not happening any time soon, I’m satisfied driving my 2011 towncar. 0 car payments, and super cheap maintenance. Nothing beats that.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah greasing is just part of the game haha. I drove livery for 3 years before joining Uber in 2013. I remember buying coffe+blt for the dispatcher. Like I said, it sounds interesting but that would involve getting a new car. So not happening any time soon, I'm satisfied driving my 2011 towncar. 0 car payments, and super cheap maintenance. Nothing beats that.
How do you deal with that V8 on X rates

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do you deal with that V8 on X rates
I don't drive with Uber anymore. (Unless I REALLY have to) Therefore my car is not working as hard is it used too. I've realized that a lot of the passengers I get have taken Uber beofore, and a lot of them come back to using bases again. For example yesterday I had a guy telling me how the UBER driver got lost going from LIC to JFK. Business is actually coming back to the bases, people are getting tired of drivers not having a clue of what they're doing.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I don't drive with Uber anymore. (Unless I REALLY have to) Therefore my car is not working as hard is it used too. I've realized that a lot of the passengers I get have taken Uber beofore, and a lot of them come back to using bases again. For example yesterday I had a guy telling me how the UBER driver got lost going from LIC to JFK. Business is actually coming back to the bases, people are getting tired of drivers not having a clue of what they're doing.
You don't know what you're talking about; it's called MILKING. hehe

·
Registered
602 Posts
People who want an actual professional and duty of care will go to a real black car base. Uberblack is usual more expensive than what black car bases charge anyways. But you cannot beat uber when it comes to convenience.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You don't know what you're talking about; it's called MILKING. hehe
Lol if you say so, everyone has a preference of who they're going to drive with. Whatever works for me, may not work for you. Personally I've been in this industry for a while, even before Uber came to nyc. So I know what's best for me. Im happy I don't have to milk to get a decent fare. But like I said that's just me, so I know exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to that. Happy Ubering!

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
I drove one of the owners of that base once when i drove yellow a few weeks ago. Dude thought it was my medallion and he said if i sell it n get a chrystler 300 2016 or newer that i could join n theres no commission on calls apparently. You pay a feee instead if i rememebrr correctly

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I drove one of the owners of that base once when i drove yellow a few weeks ago. Dude thought it was my medallion and he said if i sell it n get a chrystler 300 2016 or newer that i could join n theres no commission on calls apparently. You pay a feee instead if i rememebrr correctly
Yeah, I'm not sure if it's like that for everyone. But I pay a weekly fee which is smaller than what Uber takes as commission. 90 percent of the calls are cash, so you don't get raped by the IRS at the end of the year.

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure if it's like that for everyone. But I pay a weekly fee which is smaller than what Uber takes as commission. 90 percent of the calls are cash, so you don't get raped by the IRS at the end of the year.
I was talking about this particular base. Some other ones chrage commission n base fee or radio fee depends. The regal guy kept mentioning how he doesnt charge his drivers commission etc. He really liked me even tho it was my 4 day doing yellow. Im gonna try to find his card. He was also hungover and got me a coffee because he wanted to grab a smoke. He even offered me one lmao.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I think he was talking about me, I got lost once going to JFK from LIC, went around McGuiness Blvd to BQE south to Belt East ;)

·
Premium Member
5,237 Posts
Yea, base work is a lot different. It shows when I have certain Uber pax who are obviously frequent base users. They get in the car, ask for the seat to be moved up, ask what route I am taking. They are more talkative in general than normal app pax and the only reason they are using app is because they had to on that day for whatever reason. I treat them with respect and make the ride comfortable. A/C, radio, etc. It' usually JFK or LGA destination so I don't use gps. I'm still waiting on like 5 tips though. What gives? Maybe they don't tip app drivers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts